TNA Wrestling Stops on DirecTV
- Uncensored On Demand. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;5/12/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p12
Focuses on the controversial and censored content provided by the Independent Film Channel (IFC) through a subscription video-on-demand (SVOD). Categories of television programs offered through SVOD; Philosophy of IFC; Pricing model for subscription service.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);9/2/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 32, p26
Presents an update on cable television programming in the U.S. as of September 2, 2002. Primetime rating of Lifetime cable network in summer 2002; Details of the broadcasting schedule of the interview conducted by ABC News anchor Ted Koppel with Bruce Springsteen; Household rating for Home &...
- Gay pay-per-view debuts on DIRECTV. // Empty Closet;Aug2003, Issue 360, pB3
Reports on the launch of Here! Pay Per View, a gay and lesbian pay-per-view channel in DIRECTV on August 29, 2003. Premiers which will be offered in the channel; Annual spending power of GLBT population in the U.S.
- Deals. // CableFAX Daily;9/30/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 190, p2
The article reports on deals in the cable television industry as of September 30, 2005. DirecTV closed a deal that will bring channels of XM Satellite Radio to subscribers beginning November 15, 2005. WPT was disappointed when a cable network withdrew its offer to acquire the television series...
- RATINGS. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/28/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 30, p17
Presents audience ratings done by Nielsen Media Research Syndication Service of Nielsen Media Research Inc. for various cable television programs shown on various television channels between July 7, 2003 to July 13, 2003. Listing of programs on the basis of average audience rating and gross...
- Coming Up. // Cable World (10427228);9/2/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 32, p24
Presents an update on several cable television programs as of September 2, 2002. Features of the miniseries 'The Lost World,' which stars Bob Hoskins and Peter Falk; Celebrity featured in the first episode of the television program 'Second City Presents... With Bill Zehme,' on October 14, 2002.
- Region's woes chill Chile TV. Ehrmann, Hans // Variety;03/15/99, Vol. 374 Issue 4, p33
Reports on the performance of Chile's television industry in 1998. Effects of global economic crisis to the industry; Revenue losses of major networks; Investment plans; Growth of pay television; Ratings of television programs.
- 'THE SOPRANOS' BOOSTS HBO. Blum, Jonathan // Cable World (10427228);9/2/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 32, p6
Focuses on the significance of the high-rating of the television series 'The Sopranos' in boosting the subscription for HBO pay television. Difficulties associated with measuring the value of television programs; Projections on the rating percentage for the season premiere of the television...
- Pete and Jordan TV. // B&T Weekly;10/29/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2495, p32
Reports on the creation of a reality television program to air on Great Britain's pay channel ITV1.