Boylan Settle With SEC
- Boylan-SEC Deal Cost $600K. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;8/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p3
The article reports that former Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. co-president Peter Boylan has settled a securities fraud case with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The statement issued by Patricia Glaser, lawyer of Boylan, about her client is presented. The challenge encountered...
- SEC targets ex-Gemstar trio. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/6/2004, Vol. 381 Issue 50, p3
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) said that it has filed a lawsuit charging three additional former senior executives of interactive program guide firm Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. with securities fraud, including former co-president Peter Boylan and another manager, both...
- Peter Boylan III. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;04/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p14
Profiles Peter Boylan III, co-president, co-chief operating officer and member of the Office of the Chief Executive Officer at GemstarTV Guide International. Positions held in the company; Experience in the cable television industry; Some insights into the company's product development activities.
- KPMG Agrees To Record SEC Payment. // Public Accounting Report;10/31/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the settlement agreement reached between KPMG and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on October 20, 2004 regarding an investigation concerning its audits of Gemstar-TV Guide International/Los Angeles. Terms of the settlement agreement; Statement issued by KPMG...
- GEMSTAR'S OFF EASY. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;6/24/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 57, p5
Reports that Gemstar-TV Guide has settled a U.S. Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) investigation into financial impropriaties. Total fine imposed on the company; Conditions under the settlement agreement; Involvement of former chief executive officer Henry Yuen, chief financial officer Elsie...
- SEC playing hardball in Gemstar probe. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;5/6/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 21, p6
Reports on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) filing of a motion to force Gemstar TV Guide to leave funds in escrow that are due to former executives Henry Yuen and Elsie Leung. Investigation of the company's accounting practices; Lawsuit filed by Yuen and Leung against the SEC...
- Boylan May Land At Liberty Media. // Multichannel News;3/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p43
Reports the resignation of Peter Boylan from Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. based in the U.S.
- Gemstar's Boylan: High on T-Commerce. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;7/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p28
Interviews Peter Boylan, chief operating officer of United States-based Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. Task of striking long-term deals with multiple system operators for the guide; Competition from TVGateway consortium; News Corp.'s expansion of its stake in Gemstar-TV Guide International...
- Boylan exits Gemstar-TV Guide. Szalai, Georg; Hiestand, Jesse // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/19/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 33, p3
Reports the announcement on the resignation of Peter Boylan III as co-president and co-chief operating officer of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. in the U.S. Schedule of the effectivity of the resignation; Contributions of Boylan on the company; Reasons behind the resignation of Boylan.