SEC Sends More Letters
- ECHO'S ERODING ORBIT. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;6/15/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 50, p7
Focuses on the impact of the competition faced by EchoStar Communications from DirecTV Inc. on the subscription of cable television in the U.S. Need for the company to spend more to attract new customers; Move of investors to trade their stocks; Cost of the company in the acquisition of a new...
- Canadians: Different, Yet Same As Us. O'Brien, Greg // Multichannel News;8/29/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p33
Compares the cable television industries of the U.S. and Canada. Differences between the regulatory agencies of the two industries; Innovations in the cable television industry; Number of subscribers of Rogers Cable as of August 2005.
- TV VIEWERS STILL WIRED. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;3/2/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 42, p1
The article reports that cable, satellite, and telecommunication operators including DirecTV Inc. and Dish Network Corp. have gained 250,000 subscribers in 2010 amidst speculations on cord-cutting.
- DirecTV Expecting Slower Subscriber Growth This Year. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);1/20/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p8
Reports on an expected decline in the subscription rate of cable operator DirecTV in 2003. Projected subscribers in 2003; Net customers added by the network in 2002; Factors that will contribute to the decline.
- DBS Dealings. // CableFAX Daily;1/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p1
Presents news briefs concerning cable television as of January 2006. Announcement of DirectTV that is will increase subscription rates for its lowest-price tier by 8.7 percent; Significance of the increase; Request by EchoStar for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to impose...
- Dish dines on subs at cabler expense. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;8/10/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the number of cable subscribers added to the Dish Network of EchoStar Communications Corp. in the U.S. Profits earned by the cable operator; Effect of the satellite pay television business on cable television; Number of subscribers added by DirecTV Inc.
- SATELLITE SERVICES. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/8/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p19
The article focuses on the video-on-demand offerings proposed by broadcast satellite services providers DirecTV Inc. and Echostar Communications Corp.'s Dish Network to compete with cable television providers in the U.S. DirecTV has proposed to launch its video-on-demand download service called...
- DirecTV Says 75% Buying. // Multichannel News;9/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p30
Reports on the disclosure of DirecTV Inc. to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, that majority of all eligible subscribers purchase the company's package of local-TV signals. Market reach of DirecTV; Remarks from DirecTV spokesman Robert Mercer on the company's local TV take rate; Plan...
- Satcasters' wings clipped. Dempsey, John // Variety;5/1/2006, Vol. 402 Issue 11, p17
The article reports on the efforts made by satellite television companies, DirecTV and EchoStar, not to lose customers to cable television. With offers of free installation of dishes and low signup fees, they caused bargain hunters to cancel cable. But as soon as the discounts morphed into...