RIGAS, SON GUILTY
- Fall of the House of Rigas: A Timeline. // Multichannel News;6/27/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p59
Details the fraud and conspiracy trial against John Rigas, former founder, chairman and CEO of cable operator Adelphia Communications Corp., and his son Timothy Rigas. Facts of the case; Revelations on the conference call of the company with analysts; Sentences for John and Timothy.
- Jury pulls the plug on cable clan. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;7/9/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 4, p1
Reports that a jury convicted Adelphia Communications founder John Rigas and son Timothy on charges of conspiracy and securities fraud in July 2004. Deception of investors about the financial condition of the company before it went into bankruptcy; Acquittal of former Adelphia assistant...
- 15 years for elder Rigas. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;6/21/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 57, p1
Reports that John Rigas, executive of Adelphia Communications Corp., was sentenced to a 15-year prison term for corporate fraud in the U.S. Claim of Rigas that he was only trying to make life better for his family and their company; Prison sentence imposed on his son, Timothy Rigas, for his role...
- Where the Rigases Might Spend Time. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p32
Provides information on several correctional institutions where John and Timothy Rigas, former executives of Adelphia Communications Corp., will spend time while waiting for their appeal for conviction on fraud and conspiracy charges. McKean County Federal Correctional Institution in Bradford,...
- At Rigas Trial, Prosecution Keys on Greed. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/29/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p54
Reports on the fraud trial of former Adelphia Communications Corporation's executives John Rigas, Timothy Rigas, Michael Rigas and Michael Mulcahey. Testimony of former vice president of financial operations and administration LeMoyne Zacherl on the transfer of corporate money to John Rigas'...
- Adelphia trial goes to jury this week. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;6/21/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 54, p7
Reports on the fraud trial of Adelphia Communications Corp. founder John Rigas and sons Timothy and Michael in the U.S. Arguments told by Assistant U.S. Attorney Chris Clark to the jurors; Defense of a Rigas lawyer about the accusations; Other charges faced by former Adelphia executive Michael...
- Rigas Trio Could Face Tax Claims. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p42
Focuses on federal tax evasion charges against Adelphia Communications Corp. founder John Rigas and sons Timothy and Michael in Pennsylvania. Indication on other charges against the Rigases; Information on the arrest of the Rigases; Investigation on the company transactions.
- Feds crack 'personal piggy bank' Goldsmith, Jill; McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;7/25/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the arrest of Adelphia Communications founder John Rigas and sons Timothy and Michael for allegations of fraud in Manhattan, New York City. Charges against the cable executives; Bail for the Rigases; List of specific allegations.
- Stiff Sentences To Rigases for Massive 'Deceit' Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;6/27/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the remarks of John Rigas, founder of cable operator Adelphia Communications Corp. on the fraud and conspiracy charges against him and his son Timothy. Background on the establishment of the company according to Rigas; Decision of the judge; Details of the charges against the...