Merger &Acquisition Activity Picks Up Pace In The First Half Of 2004
- Haights Cross Merges Options with Buckle Down, Still Struggles with Traditional Supplemental Biz. // Educational Marketer;11/12/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the merger between Haights Cross Communications Inc., and Buckle Down Publishing to maintain its supplemental education material business in the U.S. Paul Crecca, Haights Cross chief executive officer (CEO) explains that through merger approach, the company will able to...
- Education Group Revenue At Haights Cross Grows 15.8% In 2004. // Educational Marketer;3/21/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p7
Reports on the increase in the revenue of Haights Cross Communications Inc.'s Education Publishing Group in the U.S. Acquisition of Buckle Down Publishing Co. and Options Publishing, Inc. by Haights Cross; Reason on the decrease of revenue of Triumph Learning LLC in its final three months of the...
- Partnerships & Acquisitions ... // Educational Marketer;12/13/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 35, p8
This article focuses on recent partnerships and acquisitions related to publishing industries. San Antonio-based Harcourt Assessment Corp., in December 2004, acquired the assets of test publisher J.C. Raven Ltd. (JCRL) including all rights worldwide to JCRL's nonverbal intelligence and ability...
- Pearson Education Gains Essay Scoring Technology In Acquisition of Knowledge Analysis Technologies. // Educational Marketer;7/5/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p1
Reports that Pearson Education has acquired Boulder, Colorado-based essay scoring technology developer Knowledge Analysis Technologies. Corporate profile of Knowledge Analysis Technologies; Executive changes at Knowledge Analysis Technologies; Plan of Pearson Educational Measurement to use...
- Pearson Education Gains Essay Scoring Technology In Acquisition. // Electronic Education Report;7/9/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p5
Reports that Pearson Education Inc. has acquired Knowledge Analysis Technologies company in the U.S. Refusal of the companies to disclose the terms of the transaction; Historical background of Knowledge Analysis; Retention of the management of Knowledge Analysis.
- Buckle Down Targets NJ and AZ with New Test-Prep Editions. // Educational Marketer;10/15/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 20, p3
The article focuses on the releasing of new editions of state-specific test-prep materials by the Buckle Down business at K-12 supplemental publisher Haights Cross Communications for New Jersey and Arizona. According to the author, the test-prep series of New Jersey includes materials for grades...
- Haights Cross Leverages Test Prep Publisher EDI Into Skillspower.com. // Electronic Education Report;08/02/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p6
Reports that educational and professional publisher Haights Cross Communications Inc. has launched a business, called Skillspower.com to provide test preparation materials through the Internet, CD-ROM and in-service training.
- Partnerships and Acquisitions... // Educational Marketer;11/5/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p7
Presents an update on partnerships and acquisitions in the educational publishing industry in the United States as of November 5, 2001, which include the licensing agreement between Haights Cross Communications and Simon & Schuster.
- Haights Cross Buys Coriolis from ITP. Hilts, Paul // Publishers Weekly;2/1/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the acquisition of Coriolis Group from International Thomson Publishing by Haights Cross Communications. Terms under the agreement; Haights Cross' estimated total sales from the addition of Coriolis.