Pearson Education Gains Essay Scoring Technology In Acquisition of Knowledge Analysis Technologies
- Pearson's Acquisitions Fuel Q2 Momentum in the Education Marketplace; Testing, Data Draw Interest. // Educational Marketer;7/10/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 20, p1
The article provides updates on the acquisitions made by Pearson Education Inc. in the U.S. in the second quarter of 2006. The company has completed five of the eleven acquisitions on the Education Marketplace Merger & Acquisition Index. Furthermore, Pearson's acquisition moves into the...
- Pearson Education Gains Essay Scoring Technology In Acquisition. // Electronic Education Report;7/9/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p5
Reports that Pearson Education Inc. has acquired Knowledge Analysis Technologies company in the U.S. Refusal of the companies to disclose the terms of the transaction; Historical background of Knowledge Analysis; Retention of the management of Knowledge Analysis.
- Merger &Acquisition Activity Picks Up Pace In The First Half Of 2004. // Educational Marketer;7/5/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p2
Reports on merger and acquisition activity in the U.S. educational publishing industry for the first-half of 2004. Comparison with 2003's merger and acquisition activity; Acquisition of essay scorer Knowledge Analysis Technologies by Pearson Education; Expansion of Haights Cross' test...
- Pearson Sees Slow Acquisition Market In 2003; Focuses on Organic Growth. // Electronic Education Report;3/14/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p4
Details instructional software publisher Pearson Education Inc.'s plan to focus on growth through its school and college divisions in 2003.
- Poor Economy and Lack of Venture Funding To Keep 2002 Merger & Acquisition Activity Slow. // Electronic Education Report;8/2/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p1
Examines factors that are retarding the 2002 merger and acquisition activity in the instructional software market in the United States. Lack of venture funding; Poor economy; Revenue losses.
- Scantron Acquires Assessment Co. EdVision. // Electronic Education Report;8/2/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the acquisition of Tustin, California-based data collection systems, testing and assessment leader Scantron of San Diego, California-based curriculum development and assessment tool provider Ed Vision. Terms of the deal; Benefits for both companies; Products of EdVision.
- Pearson Ed. Software Biz Declines 12%; CEO Sees Modest 2003 Recovery. // Electronic Education Report;3/14/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the financial performance of instructional software publisher, Pearson Education Inc., in 2002.
- News Briefs ï¿½. // Electronic Education Report;10/20/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p7
The article offers news briefs related to educational technology in the U.S. Tom Snyder Productions has launched MaxData with three grade-appropriate levels to introduce students to databases and data handling. On the other hand, LearningWare Inc. has introduced Gameshow Prep Version 4, a...
- It Prints! It Faxes! It Scans! Briggs, Linda L. // T H E Journal;Dec2006, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p29
The article focuses on the adaptation of educational innovations by several schools in the U.S. Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District in Houston looked hard at the cost of paper in its student-assessment testing process. Through a publishing system from Lexmark, the district has slashed...