Trustee Plans Conference Call For $220M of Defaulted United Debt
- United Adds Daily Service to Paris to its new LAX International Gateway. // Export Today's Global Business;May2000, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the daily nonstop Boeing 777 service to Europe launched by United Airlines in 2000. Effect of the Paris, France and London, England flights on the airline's operations; Comment from Stuart Oran, the airline's senior vice president; Renovation made by the airline.
- Waiting on runway: more flight delays. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;07/03/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p3
Reports on the rise in airline flight disruptions and complaints in Chicago, Illinois during the 2000 summer season. Impact of weather disturbances on flights in the area; Cutbacks made by United Airlines from its schedule in June 2000 after it was forced to cancer more than a thousand flights...
- L.A., San Francisco United Bond Trustees Seek Secured Status. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31909, p4
Reports that the trustees of United Airlines' special facilities revenue bonds at airports in Los Angeles and San Francisco, California have asked the bankruptcy court in Chicago, Illinois to award their bonds the preferential status of a secured credit of the airline based on a leasehold...
- United Bondholders Get Ready to Weigh Newly Revised Settlement. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/5/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32043, p1
The article reports that investors who hold $600 million of special facilities revenue bonds sold for bankrupt United Airlines Inc. to fund projects at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport will begin receiving notices this week of the revised settlement struck between their bond trustees and...
- Troubled ATA Airlines Trying to Sell Its Midway Gates, Report Says. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/25/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31955, p32
Reports on the plan of ATA Airlines to sell is 14 gates at Chicago, Illinois' Midway Airport.
- Values of Superjet 100 Need To Created As Orders Edge West. // Aircraft Value News;7/6/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p3
The article discusses the value of Sukhoi Superjet 100 aircraft as of July 6, 2009. The 95 seat version of this aircraft costs $28 million. The author states that assumption of the potential for remarketing on a willing seller, willing buyer basis for cash is required in placing value on...
- Binghamton Airport gets four new passenger jetways. Spohr, George // Business Journal (Central New York);7/9/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p3
The good news keeps piling up at the Greater Binghamton Airport, where four new passenger-boarding bridges have been installed. Construction and installation of the four new boarding bridges began in October 2003. Available to each of the airlines offering service at the Binghamton airport, the...
- Onboard Review: United's New Low-Cost Line. Taylor, Chris // Time;2/23/2004, Vol. 163 Issue 8, p68
Discusses the launch of the discount carrier Ted, a new flight service by United Airlines. How the flight attendants aboard Ted are more friendly; Consideration of how Ted fare is less expensive than regular United flights going to cities such as Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix, and San Francisco.
- The Impact of Passenger Mix on Reported "Hub Premiums" in the U.S. Airline Industry. Lee, Darin; Luengo-Prado, Mar�a Jos� // Southern Economic Journal;Oct2005, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p372
This paper analyzes U.S. airline price and passenger data disaggregated at the fare class level for the year 2000. We find that although average prices to and from most airlines' hubs tend to be higher than those throughout the remainder of their .systems, much of the difference can be explained...