May Wholesale Sales, Inventories Increase
- The New Stocks. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Aug2009, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p65
The article stresses that bonds could be the new stocks in an uncertain investing world. It reveals that although bonds have failed stocks in the very long term, long-term corporate bonds have surpassed large-capitalization stocks over the past 20 years. Morningstar reveals that on average,...
- Three Issuers Offering $1 Billion Each to Eager Buyers. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;6/12/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32400, p7
The article reports on three $1-billion bond deals in the United States for the week of June 12, 2006. The bond offerings are welcomed by investors who are flushed with cash amidst the reinvestment season in June 2006 and July 2006 and are looking for bond deals that will remedy the supply slump...
- Mississippi Bonds on Hold. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32209, p1
Reports on the decision of Mississippi to postpone its competitive sales of multimillion-dollar of tax-exempt and taxable general obligation bonds (BO) until a more complete assessment of the extent of the damage is known. Reasons for the postponement; Plan of the state to sell several series of...
- Investment Commentary. Marosi, James // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/19/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p28
Focuses on bond investment strategy. Discussion on the purchase of equal dollar amount of bonds; Reinvestment of the maturity value of the bond; Effect of high interest rate on maturing bond.
- Washington State to Competitively Sell $720M of GO Debt. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/12/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31923, p5
Reports on the plan of Washington to sell 720 million dollars of general obligation bonds. Structure of the bonds.
- Washington, L.A., and N.Y.C. Deals Break July 4th Fast. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;7/12/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31923, p6
Reports on expected bond deals in the U.S. in July 2004. Structure of the bonds that will be issued.
- Buying bonds? Avoid these 5 traps. Murray, Dennis // Medical Economics;2/20/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p69
Enumerates five situations to avoid in investing in bonds in the U.S. Failure to diversify; Investment in long-term bonds; Failure to take into consideration tax implications; Chasing of performance; Investment in too many high-yield bonds.
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32201, p35
Provides data on visible bond supply in the United States as of August 19, 2005.
- Northeast: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for Aug. 18, 2005. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32201, p35
Provides information on plain/insured general obligation bond yield curves in the United States as of August 18, 2005.