Hybrid Taxable Floated
- GOP Seeks Liberty Zone Extension. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31975, p1
Reports on the decision of Republican leaders to add provisions that would extend the use of Liberty Zone bonds for five years and restore the qualified zone academy bond program in the U.S. through the end of 2005. Extension of the Liberty Zone second advance refunding authorization; Expiration...
- Tax-credit system proposals. // Accountancy;Nov72, Vol. 83 Issue 951, p83
The article reports that the "Proposals for a Tax-Credit System" provides an approach to linking of the personal taxation and social security systems in Great Britain. It relates the replacement of tax allowances by tax credits. It shares the issue of whether child credits should be paid to the...
- NEW BILLS. // Education Week;3/31/1982, Vol. 1 Issue 27, p10
The article presents legislative bills introduced in the U.S. Congress related to education. S 2229-employing youths, a bill that amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to grant tax credit to businesses having youth employees during the summer of 1982. HR 5929-Social security, a bill that...
- An Evaluation of Tax Credits for Residential Energy Efficiency. Neveu, Andre R; Sherlock, Molly F // Eastern Economic Journal;Winter2016, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p63
This paper evaluates tax credits for residential energy efficiency enacted by the Energy Policy Act of 2005, using taxpayer microdata and state-level data on electricity costs, climate, and other factors that might affect demand for energy efficiency. Tax credits for residential energy...
- 6 million fewer uninsured? Bush & Co. say it's doable. Pretzer, Michael // Medical Economics;6/18/2001, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p23
Provides information on the tax credit proposal of the administration of United States President George W. Bush. Earning requirements of an individual to be eligible for tax credit; Brief overview of the proposal.
- Welfare to Work an easy tax credit for firms. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/21/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 42, p23
Discusses issues related to the Welfare to Work tax credit in the United States. Procedure for applying for tax credits; Calculation of tax credits; Tax credits allowable for new hires.
- Industry tax incentives offered by Delaware. // Caribbean Business;9/12/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 36, pS10
Lists the tax incentives offered by the state of Delaware to business enterprises. Availability of tax credits used for scientific or industrial research; Corporate income tax credits; Gross receipts tax reductions; Targeted area tax credits; Public utility tax rebates for industrial users;...
- Texas Is the Reason. HOLLOWAY, DANIEL // Back Stage (1946-5440);8/11/2011, Vol. 52 Issue 32, p4
The article reports that Texas has tripled its annual budget for filming incentives, to 60 million dollars, which will save 5 to 15 percent of production companies, as in last few years, widespread tax credits for film production, made some states establish themselves as production hubs.
- Energy Bonds Floated. McConnell, Alison L.; Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;6/21/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32655, p1
The article reports on the reaction concerning the bills that could create up to five new tax-credit bond programs for energy and rural development in the U.S. The House Ways and Means Committee's version of major energy legislation contains a new version of clean renewable energy bonds and two...