- Digital cinema sneak peek: cost, standards, biz plans. Sperling, Nicole // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/5/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 22, p6
Reports on the issues of the implementation of digital cinema in Japan. Questions regarding the standards of digital cinema; Subsidization of the costs of the digital projectors for cinema-operators by the Japanese government; Explanation of the need for global standardization before the...
- EXHIBS' NEW TECH-ING ORDER. Hayes, Dade; Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;03/13/2000, Vol. 378 Issue 4, p9
Reveals the key hurdles to the progress of digital cinema, according to those who attended the 2000 ShoWest conference and exhibition. Eastman Kodak's alliance with Qualcomm; What film distributors counter if movie theaters become digital entertainment complexes; Threat of digital film piracy.
- Acad Left Holding the Can. Salemi, Michelle // Variety;4/16/2013, Vol. 319 Issue 4, p47
The article discusses the decline in 35 millimeter print business due to digital film modernization and its effect in the Academy Film Archive film preservation.
- High speed progress. Gloyns, F. P. // BKSTS Journal;Sep1977, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p269
The article presents insights on the benefits brought about by the British Kinematograph, Sound and Television Society High Speed Printing and Processing Symposium that was held in Great Britain in 1977. The author applauds the introduction of enhanced capabilities port 2 process for color film...
- ShowCanada. Lebo, Adina // Film Journal International;Apr2002, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p41
Focuses on ShowCanada 2002, a four-day convention concerning the North American film industry held on April 17 to 21, 2002. Information on issues such as digital cinema and cyan-dye tracks; Background on the speakers; Description of its evening galas.
- Digital cinema torch passed to money men. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;7/28/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the completion of the work of the Digital Cinema Initiative (DCI) regarding the creation of a single standard for quality and security of digitally projected films in the U.S. Significance of the work of DCI to the evolution of digital films; Cost of the work of the DCI; Focus of DCI...
- EUROPEAN UPDATE. Fuchs, Andreas // Film Journal International;May2003, Vol. 106 Issue 5, p52
Presents an update on the European film industry as of May 2003. Closure of the theatrical exhibition department of the British Film Institute; Plan of the Film Council to invest in digital cinemas; Opening of the cinema complex of Apollo Cinemas Ltd.
- AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 SHORTS. // Inside Film;Dec2004/Jan2005, Issue 72, p19
The article concerns the RESFEST film festival dedicated to digital films. It has expanded its international tour to include 33 cities in six continents. Included for the first time is Sydney, Australia. It also includes a special Australian program organized by the Australian Centre for the...
- DUTCH DOC PROGRAM PLANS EURO GROWTH. Edmunds, Marlene // Daily Variety;2/9/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 30, p26
Reports on the plans of DocuZone to expand its digital cinema network to cover seven territories across Europe by the end of 2004. Background on the Dutch Film Fund initiative; Background on the launch of the DocuZone operation in 2002.