- Digital cinema: a major theme at IBC 2002. // Image Technology;Nov2002, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p22
The article reports that digital technologies for shooting, posting, distributing and projecting theatrical features were much in evidence in exhibits at the 2002 International Broadcasting Conference in Great Britain. Production tools for digital cinema were showcased by Sony, Panasonic, and...
- MAKING DL HIT ITS MARKS. // Millimeter;Oct2005, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p34
The article evaluates Cinetal's CinemÃ¡ge line of systems that enable quantitative video analysis, color previsualization and video signal quality assurance of HD-SDI or HD-SDI dual-link signals.
- TRANSATLANTIC FILMMAKING. Goldman, Michael // Millimeter;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p39
Discusses the effect of remote collaboration technology for cinematography in the motion picture industry in the U.S. Explanation on the use of file transfer protocol used by veteran visual effects supervisor, Matt Johnson, on conferencing with filmmakers; Collaboration of Los Angeles-based...
- fields & frames. Ochiva, Dan // Millimeter;Jun2004, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p83
Reports on developments related to digital cinematography in the U.S. Partnership between the University of Texas at Austin and Burnt Orange Productions; Contributions made by director Robert Rodriguez' productions to the Austin community; Features of the Digital Multilayer Disk.
- The ARRIFLEX D-20:the first Film-Style Digital Camera. Slater, Jim // Image Technology;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p32
The article evaluates the ARRI D-20 digital film camera.
- Assimilate Scratches Stereo Playback Itch. // American Cinematographer;Apr2012, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p101
The article announces that the Scratch Lab version 6.1 finishing system, from the digital cinema equipment company Assimilate, Inc., now provides imaging technicians, cinematographers and directors with dailies playback and a review of raw stereo streams.
- Procam takes a bigger bite at the big apple. // Televisual;Sep2015, pP12
The article focuses on digital cinematography equipment offered by Procam New York.
- FROM GERTIE TO GIGABYTES: REVEALING THE WORLD WITH DIGITAL MEDIA. Counts, Ed // International Journal of Instructional Media;2006, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p23
The tools-digital media production technologies 1 are new but how they are used to create vital, expressive, and educational works is based on a metaphorical grammar over 100 years old. From Edison's 1894 one-second movie, â€˜Harvey Pitt's Sneezeâ€™ to the latest little digital movies...
- Go With the Flow. Probst, Christopher // American Cinematographer;Jan2012, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p74
The article discusses digital workflows for cinematographers. The author suggests that workflows are constantly evolving due to the frequent release of digital-imaging tools. Specific topics addressed include the importance of spending money on workflow, the Red Epic Data Management Workflow,...