fields & frames
- TRANSATLANTIC FILMMAKING. Goldman, Michael // Millimeter;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p39
Discusses the effect of remote collaboration technology for cinematography in the motion picture industry in the U.S. Explanation on the use of file transfer protocol used by veteran visual effects supervisor, Matt Johnson, on conferencing with filmmakers; Collaboration of Los Angeles-based...
- PRODUCER'S NOTEBOOK. Katz, S. D. // Millimeter;Jun2004, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p85
Introduces the two of the newest hot-button visual effects technologies, High Dynamic Range Imaging and Image-Based Lighting. Specifications of the technologies; Applications; Distinct features. INSETS: BIT DEPTH;TONE MAPPING STRATEGIES.
- FROM GERTIE TO GIGABYTES: REVEALING THE WORLD WITH DIGITAL MEDIA. Counts, Ed // International Journal of Instructional Media;2006, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p23
The tools-digital media production technologies 1 are new but how they are used to create vital, expressive, and educational works is based on a metaphorical grammar over 100 years old. From Edison's 1894 one-second movie, â€˜Harvey Pitt's Sneezeâ€™ to the latest little digital movies...
- The Cineon Digital Film System - applications for Digital Restoration. Watkins, Paul // Image Technology;Jul/Aug1996, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p15
The article provides an overview of what the Kodak Cineon Digital Film System consists of, what it is trying to achieve and how it does so. It will start discussing the process of digital film manipulation and will examine the individual components of the Cineon system and the technology being...
- NAB 2004 DI--Film's Best Friend? Goldman, Michael // Millimeter;Jun2004, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p36
Highlights the Digital Cinema Summit 2004 in the U.S. Event description; Theme; Attendees; Topics discussed. INSET: GRASS VALLEY 4K.
- SPLUTTERFISH BRAZIL R/S. Katz, S. D. // Millimeter;Jun2004, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p89
Features the Splutterfish's Brazil, a camera designed with accurate photographic behavior. Specifications; Performance rating; Camera systems.
- STORAGE INNOVATION RULES. Ochiva, Dan // Millimeter;Aug2004, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p71
Features several digital storage systems for use in digital production and post-production in the U.S. in 2004. Key features and specifications; Key applications in digital cinematography; Manufacturer information.
- OUT AND ABOUT. // Millimeter;Aug2004, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p83
Features several industry events relevant to digital production and post-production in the U.S. in 2004. Congresses and conventions; Workshops; Implications on the sector.
- Looking Downstream. Giardina, Carolyn // SHOOT;9/8/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 15, p17
The article addresses issues pertaining to advancements in digital cinematography camera technology and how it has affected postproduction workflows in the advertising industry. One thing everyone seems to agree on is that it is wise to get the post house involved at the very outset. According...