P&Cs Net$13.3B for 1st Quarter, Doubling Last Year's Tally
- Moody's: P&C Muni Losses Likely To Stay Low, But Risks Remain. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;7/11/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33546, p31
The article forecasts the credit losses in the municipal bond market for property and casualty insurance companies in the U.S. in 2011 which are likely to remain low.
- ALBERTA-INCORPORATED INSURERS ALMOST DOUBLE CONSOLIDATED NET INCOME. // Canadian Underwriter;Oct2010, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the increase in the consolidated net income of Alberta-incorporated property and casualty insurers from 2009 to 2010, as indicated in the figures reported by several companies including Fortress Insurance Co., Canadian Farm Insurance Co., and Alberta Motor Insurance Co.
- P&C Insurers Trim Theft Mimi Exposure. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;4/21/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33303, p1
The article reports that big property and casualty insurance companies reduced their municipal bonds exposure to protect themselves from troubled state and local government credit in the U.S. American International Group Inc. dumped and traded municipal securities worth 6.5 billion dollars,...
- As Insurers' Profits Grew, So Did Their Appetite for Municipals. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;4/30/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31625, p7
Property and casualty insurance companies are on resergence to profitability during 2002, according to data released by the Insurance Information Institute in April 2003. The insurers generated 2.9 billion dollars in after-tax net income in 2002, compared to a 7 billion dollar loss in 2001, the...
- Investments push insurer profits higher. Casale, Jeff // Business Insurance;9/20/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 37, p4
The article reports on the 16.5 billion U.S. dollars net income posted by private U.S. property/casualty insurers for the first half of 2010, according to the data released by Insurance Services Office Inc. and the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America.
- Investments fuel insurer profits. TSIKOUDAKIS, MIKE // Business Insurance;4/25/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 17, p4
The article focuses on an analysis by the Insurance Services Office Inc. and the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America, which showed that U.S. property/casualty insurers' aftertax profits increased by almost 21% to 34.7 billion U.S. dollars in 2011.
- CANADIAN P&C INSURERS DOUBLE THEIR 2010 Q2 INCOME. // Canadian Underwriter;Oct2010, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the increase in the net income of property and casualty (P&C) insurers in Canada for the second quarter of 2010.
- Handle With Care. Major, Richard // Best's Review;Dec2008, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p96
The article provides information on the favorable tax-adjusted yield of municipal bonds which are being used by property/casualty (P/C) insurers in the U.S. It states that these bonds are so popular that 40% of P/C insurers in 2007 invested in them. According to the author, municipal bond...
- Will Hurricane-Weary Insurers Abandon Munis? Fine, Jacob // Financial Planning;Oct2004, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p30
Discusses the influence of hurricanes on the demand for municipal bonds by property and casualty insurers (P&C) in Florida. Estimated losses suffered by P&C insurers due to Hurricane Andrew; Market implication of the level of profitability of municipal bonds; Plan of insurers to liquidate...