NEWS IN BRIEF
- Cash Managements Draw 0.970% High. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/9/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31901, p2
Reports that the U.S. Treasury Department has sold two-day cash management bills, dated June 9, 2004, at a 0.970% high tender rate.
- Bonds Are No Secret Agents. Stav, Julie // Hispanic;May2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p52
Provides information on bonds. Details of corporate bonds; Types of government bonds; Uses of bonds.
- Tribe's County Conduit. // Bond Buyer;2/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31818, p27
Reports on updates and developments in the finance sector in New Mexico as of February 2004. Sandoval County's plan in providing up to 75 million dollars tax exempt bond financing for an Indian resort that was unable to obtain funding from the state; Santa Ana Public tribe plans in refinancing...
- ALG slates ï¿½limitedï¿½ deprivation formula. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;1/24/2003, p14
Focuses on the amount in central government funding lost by London's boroughs in England. Drawback of the formula used to distribute cash to deprived areas; Failure of the Index of Multiple Deprivation 2000 to consider pertinent factors; Review of the Index requested by Deputy Prime Minister...
- An Analysis of Real-Estate Risk Using the Present Value Model. Liu, Crocker H.; Jianping Mei // Journal of Real Estate Finance & Economics;Jan1994, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p5
The current study uses a present value model that allows for a time-varying expected discount rate in conjunction with a VAR process to decompose real-estate risk. The study finds that the variance of unexpected returns accounts for most of the total risk with cash-flow risk accounting for twice...
- Traps, pitfalls and snares in the valuation of technology. Boer, F. Peter // Research Technology Management;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p45
Introduces the prevailing free cash flow method for technology valuation and the significant pitfalls that can occur in misuse of hurdle rates or miscalculating horizon value. Concept of free cash flow; Confusion with discount rate; Context of horizon value. INSET: Rapid growth, anemic cash flow.
- The Not-So-Secured Side Of Second Liens. Cohen, Adam B. // High Yield Report;1/29/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p2
The presents the author's view on the second lien bonds which promise margin of safety in a distress situation in the U.S. He states that the protection has a low rate when dealing to safety of the leveraged finance management. He also added that the recovery value of a lien is if how much the...
- BMI VIEW: LATIN AMERICA. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/3/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p3
Presents briefs on the financial condition of Latin America assessed by Business Monitor International as of April 2006. Amount paid by the Uruguay government to the International Monetary Fund; Value of the U.S.$ Global 27 bond.
- 1991 BUDGET HOPES (NOT PREDICTIONS). Wyman, Peter // Accountancy;Mar1991, Vol. 107 Issue 1171, p21
This article presents expectations for the 1991 budget of the British government. When the advance corporation tax was introduced, it was intended that it should become payable some months in advance of the remaining mainstream corporation tax. It was never intended that it should be payable...