SPRINT "RED BALL"
- Barabara Kopple chronicles a patient's ordeal. Takaki // SHOOT;01/23/98, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p15
Examines the `Caring For You and Those Around You' television advertising campaign created by Endres Eng Wilson for Nashville, Tennessee's Saint Thomas Hospital. Use of documentary-style clips shot by documentary filmmaker Barbara Kopple; Advertising theme; Slogan.
- FLASHBACK. // SHOOT;11/25/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 38, p4
The article presents information on events involving advertising figures in the U.S. Executive Deborah Sullivan was appointed executive vice president/director of broadcast production at FCB New York. Veteran commercial composer/producer Ira Antelis was selected to head the new Music Aid...
- Barbara Kopple: On the Spot. Anderson, Mae // Adweek;11/22/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 44, p30
This article presents an interview with Barbara Kopple, a two-time Academy-Award-winning director, has chronicled a miner's strike, Woody Alien's concert tour, the Hamptons and many other subjects during her 30-plus years as a documentarian. Her latest Sprint ads, a holiday campaign via Publicis...
- BARBARA KOPPLE. // Inc.;Jul2002, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p70
Presents information on the Clamman Seafood Market in Southampton, New York which was chosen as the best small business by documentary filmmaker Barbara Kopple. Products offered; Background of its operations; Reason for choosing the shop.
- Barbara Kopple. // Progressive;Nov92, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p30
Presents an interview conducted by L.A. Winokur with film director Barbara Kopple, whose documentaries include the Oscar-winning films of `American Dream' (1991) and `Harlan County, U.S.A.' (1976), which portray the struggles of American middle-class working people.
- Barbara Kopple's KO punch. // Entertainment Weekly;2/12/93, Issue 157, p44
Profiles filmmaker Barbara Kopple, producer of a documentary on Mike Tyson. Portraying Tyson's life with an open mind; No interviews with Tyson; Wide-ranging admirers of Kopple; Her first try at filmmaking at Northeastern University; Developing a nonfiction film about rock entrepreneur Bill...
- Union maid. Smith, C.; Weinberg, J. // New York;3/9/92, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p24
Profiles director Barbara Kopple, 39, whose socially conscious documentaries have won her two Academy Awards. Details on the making of `American Dream,' which charts the 1986 Hormel meat-packers' strike in Austin, Minnesota.
- Barbara Kopple. Cisterna, Fred // SHOOT;10/15/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 36, p32
This article focuses on advertising director Barbara Kopple. He spent a lot of time laughing while helming a humor-driven Sprint campaign out of Publicis & Hal Riney, San Francisco. Kopple, a noted documentary filmmaker who won Oscars for "Harlan County," and "American Dream," loved working on...
- FLASHBACK. // SHOOT;9/8/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 15, p2
The article recounts the significant events that occurred in the advertising industry in the U.S. in 1996 and in 2001. Scott Vincent, a group creative director at Fallon, Minneapolis, has signed with bicoastal/ international Hungry Man for representation as a director. Documentary filmmakers...