- Stop whining! Here's how you can change things. Wayman, Lissa // Furniture/Today;5/28/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p68
The article explains why furniture industry executives in the U.S. should stop complaining. Complaining will not change the status of the business. Once executives have decided to change their attitude, they could start analyzing their business. The author suggests hiring a neutral observer to...
- peopleonthemove. // Furniture/Today;04/09/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p124
Presents news concerning furniture and home furnishing industry executives, compiled as of April 9, 2001. Recruitment of Linda Schonwald as assistant executive director/trade show operations of the Association of Woodworking and Furnishings Suppliers; Promotion of Krista Eliason to vice...
- Textile veteran Howard Rosenberg dies at 73. // Furniture/Today;3/15/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 28, p4
Reports on the death of United States home furnishings textile industry veteran, Howard Rosenberg. Rosenberg's contribution in bringing woven polyester microfiber suedes to the country's upholstery industry; Career history of Rosenberg.
- NEWS FROM Casual Living. // Furniture/Today;3/17/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p16
The article presents news briefs concerning the furniture industry in the United States. Dudley Flanders has been appointed chairman of the International Casual Furnishings Association. Patio Now has opened a retail outlet in Fort Myers, Florida. Paul Wyckoff has been promoted to vice president...
- Watch for familiar faces in new jobs, showrooms. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;3/17/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p45
The article reports on developments concerning the leather furniture industry in the U.S. It discusses Cary Benson's first participation in the trade show since taking over as president of Natuzzi Americas. Larry Crink, formerly of DeCoro, has launched PeopLoungers. John Seller has been...
- Independents glow in the dark. // Cabinet Maker;2/1/2008, Issue 5573, p4
The article reports on the performance of furniture and furnishing sectors for the fourth quarter of 2007 in Great Britain. According to the British Shops and Stores Association (BSSA), independent furniture and furnishing retailers increased their average performance by 4.7% that covered the...
- Top Five ready to charge ahead. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;08/21/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p19
Focuses on the five biggest furniture retailers in Canada in 1999. Furniture, bedding and accessory sales; Retailers' invasion of the traditional territory of the buying groups and creation of franchise opportunities; Sears Canada's retention of its position as the number one furniture...
- England/Corsair may zip La-Z-Boy into bedding. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;08/21/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p38
Notes developments in the United States home furnishings industry. Upholstery producer England/Corsair's debut in the bedding business; Reposition of the marketing program of King Koil to draw more attention to its affiliation with the International Chiropractors Association.
- Mixed media fuels occasional. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on the market performance of the occasional furniture segment of the house furnishings industry in the United States in October 2000. Changes in key price points; Available product designs; Market performance of various industry players.