- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;7/2/2004, Issue 5395, p5
Presents updates relevant to the furniture business in Great Britain as of July 2, 2004. Increase of the average price of a house in England and Wales in June; Queen's Award for Enterprise given to fabric company, Panax; Showroom of furniture retailer, Halo
- Whew! What a year it's been! Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p31
No abstract available.
- Double take. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;02/25/2000, Issue 5176, p12
Discusses how changing social patterns have presented retailers and manufacturers with a furniture challenge in Great Britain. Space as a valuable commodity; Manufacturers and retailers' need to be innovative in their response; Ikea's offering of affordable furniture for low to moderate income...
- On controlling your destiny. // Furniture/Today;6/13/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p2
Comments on the tendency of furniture manufacturers and retailers to have as much control as possible over facets of the business. Manufacturers' desire to control their list of customers; Large retailers' desire to have as much control as possible over facets of manufacturing, including...
- The outdoor furniture market. // Casual Living;Nov2009, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p38
The article focuses on a study being conducted by "Casual Living" magazine which found a decrease in the sales of outdoor furniture in the U.S. in 2008. It states that the whole outdoor furniture category is predicted to total 2.23 billion U.S. dollars in 2009. It mentions that the discount...
- Twisting and turning. // Cabinet Maker;9/5/2003, Issue 5354, p14
Focuses on the market competition between the coil sprungs and pocket springs, essential materials in bed manufacturing. Reason why manufactures are moving gradually to pocket sprung; Comments of Greg Suthern, marketing director of Multiple Dreams, on which material is dominating the market;...
- Undercover in Peterborough. // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2004, Issue 5396, p14
Features furniture stores in Peterborough, England. Furniture Village; Multiyork; Courts; Furnitureland.
- Wolf turns up heat on growth. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;3/8/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the plan of Bellwood, Pennsylvania-based furniture retailer Wolf Furniture to open a store in Hagerstown, Maryland. Aim to focus on home accessories; Expansion plans of Wolf Furniture; Features added to the Hagerstown store.
- The Asian connection. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;3/8/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p18
Reports on the emergence of pure play importers, a group of furniture retailers that design, market and help distribute imported products exclusively for U.S. consumers. List of pure play furniture importer companies; Asian countries that are sources of home furnishings to the U.S.; Challenges...