- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;7/2/2004, Issue 5395, p5
Presents updates relevant to the furniture business in Great Britain as of July 2, 2004. Increase of the average price of a house in England and Wales in June; Queen's Award for Enterprise given to fabric company, Panax; Showroom of furniture retailer, Halo
- Whew! What a year it's been! Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p31
No abstract available.
- Double take. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;02/25/2000, Issue 5176, p12
Discusses how changing social patterns have presented retailers and manufacturers with a furniture challenge in Great Britain. Space as a valuable commodity; Manufacturers and retailers' need to be innovative in their response; Ikea's offering of affordable furniture for low to moderate income...
- On controlling your destiny. // Furniture/Today;6/13/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p2
Comments on the tendency of furniture manufacturers and retailers to have as much control as possible over facets of the business. Manufacturers' desire to control their list of customers; Large retailers' desire to have as much control as possible over facets of manufacturing, including...
- The outdoor furniture market. // Casual Living;Nov2009, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p38
The article focuses on a study being conducted by "Casual Living" magazine which found a decrease in the sales of outdoor furniture in the U.S. in 2008. It states that the whole outdoor furniture category is predicted to total 2.23 billion U.S. dollars in 2009. It mentions that the discount...
- Twisting and turning. // Cabinet Maker;9/5/2003, Issue 5354, p14
Focuses on the market competition between the coil sprungs and pocket springs, essential materials in bed manufacturing. Reason why manufactures are moving gradually to pocket sprung; Comments of Greg Suthern, marketing director of Multiple Dreams, on which material is dominating the market;...
- Canadian retailers still cautious. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;1/10/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the trend among furniture retailers to establish operations in Canada. Caution expressed by the retailers regarding their prospects for 2005; Factors affecting the furniture retail trade; Challenges faced by the industry.
- Furniture TV blitz grabs top brand slots. // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2004, Issue 5396, p4
Reports that furniture and furnishings retailers scored as three of the top four most advertised brands on TV in Great Britain. B&Q; DFS; Homebase.
- A return to sales growth? // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2004, Issue 5396, p8
Analyzes whether the return to sales growth of furniture and furnishings retailers in Great Britain will last for the rest of 2004. Sales rise in the household textiles market; Recovery in the carpet and floorcoverings sector; Rise in the value of sales.