- Las Vegas product parade. // Furniture/Today;1/23/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p26
The article features several products for the furniture industry and trade in the U.S. Napa rug collection is hand knotted of Himalayan sheep wool from Acrylicore. Hand Brodie is a contemporary-style metal bed that has simple clean lines and an angled head and footboard from Amisco Industries....
- Twisting and turning. // Cabinet Maker;9/5/2003, Issue 5354, p14
Focuses on the market competition between the coil sprungs and pocket springs, essential materials in bed manufacturing. Reason why manufactures are moving gradually to pocket sprung; Comments of Greg Suthern, marketing director of Multiple Dreams, on which material is dominating the market;...
- Who will pay eco-friendly premium? Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;6/4/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p40
The article addresses the issue of the home furnishings and furniture industry's interest in eco-friendly products. According to the author, most companies that maintain eco-friendly businesses fail to perform strongly. The author also considers the issue of whether consumers are willing to...
- China factories hardly immune to higher costs. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;9/26/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the impact of increasing raw materials costs on furniture makers in China. Remarks from Steven Lee, president of manufacturer Winny Overseas Ltd., on the rising cost of oil; Problem with gas supply in some parts of the country; Influence of rising costs on the relationship of some...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;7/2/2004, Issue 5395, p5
Presents updates relevant to the furniture business in Great Britain as of July 2, 2004. Increase of the average price of a house in England and Wales in June; Queen's Award for Enterprise given to fabric company, Panax; Showroom of furniture retailer, Halo
- Retail Intelligence. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;7/2/2004, Issue 5395, p14
Presents statistics illustrating trends in furniture retailing in Great Britain for April and May 2004. Increase of sales in the cabinet sector; Growth of the bed retailing business; Expansion of demand in upholstered products.
- Diplomatic information. // Cabinet Maker;3/12/2004, Issue 5379, p6
Reports on the Great Britain Trade and Investment diplomatic service's publication of guides about British furnitures and furnishings, for distribution via the embassies and consulates worldwide. Benefits to the furniture industry.
- Reassurance! // Cabinet Maker;7/3/2009, Issue 5644, p3
The article presents the author's view on the effect of recession to the furniture industry in Great Britain. He asserts that the economic downturn has been affecting the industry long before it has been officially recognized by the government. He notes that despite of this, there is still a...
- China faces long term payment of US tariffs. // Cabinet Maker;7/2/2004, Issue 5395, p6
Reports that furniture manufacturers with factories in China face large tariffs for exports to the United States. Reiteration by American commerce secretary, Don Evans that the Chinese government needs to make sweeping reforms before its economy can be treated equally in the free market;...