Mixed bag of sales for furniture at Beales
- still sparkling. Turner, Clare // Housewares;Oct2000, Issue 154, p22
Focuses on the success of department store chain Leekes' decision to re-invent its housewares department in Great Britain.
- Liberty denies Cookshop closure. // Housewares;Oct2000, Issue 154, p35
Focuses on London, England-based department store Liberty's denial of rumors that its housewares department faces closure.
- Latest JLP stores help rescue furnishings sales. // Cabinet Maker;07/23/99, Issue 5147, p4
Reports on an increase in department store chain John Lewis' sales of soft furnishing during the quarter ended on July 3, 1999.
- What consumers, really, really like is John Lewis. // Cabinet Maker;1/20/2006, Issue 5472, p116
The article reports on the findings of a study which showed that shoppers for homewares prefer to visit the department store, John Lewis. The study showed that 28 percent of respondents like the store's high quality products and customer service. The store also provides a wide selection of...
- Six-story sensation. Barr, Vilma // Display & Design Ideas;Jul2004, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p14
The article presents information about the new Bloomingdale's at 504 Broadway in the historic Soho district. To paraphrase the store's well known slogan, Soho is like no other store in the now 33 unit Bloomingdale's chain. Bloomingdale's timing for the opening of the Soho store is propitious,...
- ALPHABETICAL LISTINGS. // Casual Living;Dec2010, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p85
A directory of furniture and houseware suppliers is presented.
- NTO or not? Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;08/06/99, Issue 5149, p18
Asserts that achieving National Training Organization (NTO) status is not a simple task for the furniture industry in Great Britain. Result if NTO is achieved; Comments from training executive Gil Carter; Reason for insisting on better training.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;7/18/2003, Issue 5347, p5
Presents news briefs concerning the furniture industry compiled as of July 18, 2003.
- Not all glad tidings from Christmas trade. // Cabinet Maker;01/22/99, Issue 5122, p4
Reports on the sales performance of furniture and furnishings manufacturers in Great Britain, during the 1998 Christmas period. Decline in Marks & Spencer's home furnishings sales; Rosebys' sales in a five-week period; Limelight's sales gains.