Mixed bag of sales for furniture at Beales
- Liberty denies Cookshop closure. // Housewares;Oct2000, Issue 154, p35
Focuses on London, England-based department store Liberty's denial of rumors that its housewares department faces closure.
- still sparkling. Turner, Clare // Housewares;Oct2000, Issue 154, p22
Focuses on the success of department store chain Leekes' decision to re-invent its housewares department in Great Britain.
- Latest JLP stores help rescue furnishings sales. // Cabinet Maker;07/23/99, Issue 5147, p4
Reports on an increase in department store chain John Lewis' sales of soft furnishing during the quarter ended on July 3, 1999.
- What consumers, really, really like is John Lewis. // Cabinet Maker;1/20/2006, Issue 5472, p116
The article reports on the findings of a study which showed that shoppers for homewares prefer to visit the department store, John Lewis. The study showed that 28 percent of respondents like the store's high quality products and customer service. The store also provides a wide selection of...
- Six-story sensation. Barr, Vilma // Display & Design Ideas;Jul2004, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p14
The article presents information about the new Bloomingdale's at 504 Broadway in the historic Soho district. To paraphrase the store's well known slogan, Soho is like no other store in the now 33 unit Bloomingdale's chain. Bloomingdale's timing for the opening of the Soho store is propitious,...
- Top Five ready to charge ahead. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;08/21/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p19
Focuses on the five biggest furniture retailers in Canada in 1999. Furniture, bedding and accessory sales; Retailers' invasion of the traditional territory of the buying groups and creation of franchise opportunities; Sears Canada's retention of its position as the number one furniture...
- England/Corsair may zip La-Z-Boy into bedding. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;08/21/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p38
Notes developments in the United States home furnishings industry. Upholstery producer England/Corsair's debut in the bedding business; Reposition of the marketing program of King Koil to draw more attention to its affiliation with the International Chiropractors Association.
- Mixed media fuels occasional. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on the market performance of the occasional furniture segment of the house furnishings industry in the United States in October 2000. Changes in key price points; Available product designs; Market performance of various industry players.
- Innovation rolls on as RTA steps up, expands into BR. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p16
Focuses on the market performance of the ready-to-assemble furniture segment of the house furnishings industry in the United States in October 2000. Changes in key price points; Available product designs; Market performance of various industry players.