Importers in money laundering probe
- Courts 'bargains' sold. // Cabinet Maker;2/18/2005, Issue 5426, p4
Reports that Seconique has sold off its Courts stock at the furniture show in England. Proceeds of the deal; Quality of the products.
- Seconique vows 'business as usual' // Cabinet Maker;12/5/2003, Issue 5367, p3
Reports the recovery of furniture exporter Seconique after being raided by Customs and Excise officers in Great Britain. Continuation of its trading business; Business plans; Marketing strategy.
- SECONIQUE BOOM. // Cabinet Maker;6/14/2013, Issue 5840, p24
An interview with Seconique director Helen Barker is presented. When asked about how the company is performing in 2013, Barker says that business has been steady with a slight rise compared to 2012. Barker adds that Seconique has launched several new ranges at the January 2013 furniture show and...
- Seconique to none. // Cabinet Maker;1/9/2015, Issue 5915, p22
The article offers the insights of managing director Helen Barker of Seconique, an independent importer and wholesaler of flat pack furniture, regarding the company. Topics discussed include the success of the company's Corona furniture range, company's return to the Furniture Show in...
- Central signs up as show host. // Cabinet Maker;3/7/2008, Issue 5578, p5
The article reports that the Manchester Central venue signed a deal to host the Manchester Furniture Show through 2010. The show in 2008 will run from July 13-16 and is expected to have 150 exhibitors, including Morris Furniture Group, Seconique and Sweet Dreams. Show organizers disclosed that...
- Every Seconique Counts. Barker, Helen // Cabinet Maker;3/21/2014, Issue 5877, p14
The article focuses on Seconique, a family-owned business and furniture company based in Wednesbury, England, presenting the insight of its managing director Helen Barker on how the comprehensive range and value of the company make it a favourite with British retailers. It discusses topics...
- Industry consultants advise embracing imports change. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;12/9/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p12
No abstract available.
- Import strategies: So many to choose from! Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;11/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p16
Comments on key issues relevant to the use of import strategies in the furniture industry and trade in the U.S. Marketing strategies; Integration of imports into domestic product lines; Establishment of distribution and retail centers.
- Imports make a killing with 28% of the market. // Cabinet Maker;3/1/2002, Issue 5276, p1
Reports the growth of the upholstery importation market in Great Britain. Decline in furniture production; Deterioration of living and dining room cabinet value; Increase in the value of bedroom furniture.