Doing the right thing
- JD Group abandons UK as it sells BoConcept. // Cabinet Maker;7/2/2004, Issue 5395, p3
Reports that South Africa-based furniture firm, JD Group has discarded its plans to expand in Great Britain's furniture business. Sale of the company's BoConcept furniture business; Number of loss-making outlets which affected the company's bottom line.
- Tough markets hurt uncle. Jones, Llewellyn // Finance Week;12/16/2002, p28
Reports on the impact of the trading conditions in the furniture sector on the financial performance of JD Group. Increase in working capital; Improvement in the collection rate of the debtors book; Forecasting of a headline earnings growth.
- REPRESENTATIVES. // Casual Living;Dec2010, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p77
A directory of furniture and houseware representative businesses is presented.
- JD Group rejects Steinhoff bid. // Cabinet Maker;6/1/2007, Issue 5540, p5
The article reports on the failure of Steinhoff International to buy JD Group, the biggest furniture retailer in South Africa. The rejection of Steinhoff bid by JD Group shareholders is a serious setback to the company given its decision to sell off its South African manufacturing interests....
- JD Group has a plan. Jones, Llewellyn // Finance Week;8/10/2001, p32
Highlights the successful business strategy of South African furniture retailer, the JD Group. Decreased store base; Decision to abort efforts of acquiring the Ellerine business; Management of future internal costs; Geographical diversification of retail operations.
- Contenders face range of tough challenges. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;6/13/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p14
Reports on the challenges facing the nine contenders for the top 10 Canadian Furniture Resources list for the year 2005. Decline in sales volume; Reluctance of the contenders to shift their production offshore or supplement their existing offerings with imported goods.
- News in brief. // Cabinet Maker;03/19/99, Issue 5130, p2
Reports on developments in the furniture industry in Great Britain, as of March 19, 1999. Includes DFS as the largest retail user of direct mail in 1998; Ikea upholstery supplier Olympia Furniture's purchase of Buoyant's Ikea factory from receiver Arthur Andersen; Average sales growth of home...
- Flagging up industry issues. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;5/26/2006, Issue 5489, p12
This article reports that the British Furniture Confederation (BFC) will unite the furniture industry in Great Britain. The first move of BFC will be to establish an all party parliamentary group of the members of parliament to highlight the industry issue. BFC Chairman, Martin Jourdan said that...
- Bosnia-Hercegovina producers attend U.S. export workshops. // Furniture/Today;12/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p29
Furniture industry consultant Barry Shechtman conducted a series of workshops for Bosnia-Herzegovina Furniture Association members in Sarajevo, Serbis and in Banja Luka, Bosnia-Herzegovina. His company, Shechtman Marketing and Consulting Group, was invited by the United States Aid For...