- Slow growth in business lending. // Credit Management;Mar1999, p13
Cites data from the Finance & Leasing Association, on the growth in business finance in Great Britain at its lowest level in the 12 months to November 1998. Factors driving growth level.
- Painting the right picture for a potential financier. Clark, Scott // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/20/98, Vol. 45 Issue 29, p3C
Presents advice on how businesses can succeed in securing financial aid. Focus on marketing instead of on manufacturing; Typical questions that financiers ask of businessmen; Recommended activities to ensure that financier approves loan.
- Fit for investment. Hoffman, Gary // Corporate Detroit;Sep94, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p35
Part I. Explains basic principles an entrepreneur must consider in getting a loan or new investment. Sophistication about finances and management skills as tool for capital search; Business's performance as the keys to a company's ability to get financing; Familiarity with the range of ratios;...
- Locking onto business loans. Woodring, Jeannie // Alaska Business Monthly;Feb94, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p18
Discusses the different business loan options that are available for business financing in Alaska. Commercial loans from banks; Providing information to banks; United States Small Business Administration's (SBA) guaranteed loan program; Rural Development Loan Fund; Loan program by the National...
- Choose financing for specific needs. Meunier, Normand // Northern Ontario Business;Jun2000, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p9
Offers advice for choosing the appropriate financing scheme for businesses. Option to seek out fixed term loans as a response to rising interest rates; Concerns for owners evaluating if equity is right; Importance of charting a financial management course.
- Preparing for your company's borrowing needs. Qua, John // BusinessWest;Jan99, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p39
Presents a guide on helping a company improve its chances of getting a loan. Certain aspects of a business that are of key interest to lenders; Development of an effective presentation.
- What to consider when shopping for a business loan. Konevich, John // BusinessWest;Mar99, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p56
Presents some helpful hints when considering a business loan. Fixed and adjustable rates; Down payments; Considering the `opportunity' costs; Loan term; Lender's `commitment.'
- First to market doesn't guarantee loans. Wojtowicz, Jean // Indianapolis Business Journal;01/27/97, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p11B
Discusses why being first to market a certain product can pose as a barrier to business' search for financing. Product's lack of history of market acceptance; Propensity of banks to research personal credit record.
- TERM SHEETS. // Bank Loan Report;11/26/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p6
The article lists the commercial loan applications of several business enterprises in the U.S. which include loans applied by Alberto-Culver Co., Brush Engineered Materials Inc., and ChoicePoint Inc.