New Terrain For Private Real Estate
- Why real estate is the 'default' asset class of choice for asset allocators. Carter, Alan // Estates Gazette;6/25/2011, Issue 1125, p52
This article analyzes the continues growth of the real estate investment trust (REIT) sector in Great Britain in 2011. It attributes the trend to rising inflation. It also recognizes the benefits of low interest rates, a robust gilt market and little real estate development to the sector. The...
- REITs prompt reshuffle to watch with interest. Brett, Michael // Estates Gazette;6/17/2006, Issue 625, p46
The article focuses on the conversion of property companies into real estate investment trusts. It states that bond will position at a vital premium in the real property market due to a decrease in long-term interest rates. It says that companies must expect refinancing of high-coupon debt ahead...
- 5 Questions. Kulikowski, Laurie // Financial Planning;Jan2004, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p28
Explains the nature of real estate investment trusts (REIT). Impact of stocks on REIT; Effect of the rising interest rates on REIT; Analysis of the public acceptance of REIT.
- Cost of money. // Estates Gazette;9/24/2005, Issue 538, p64
Presents an update on the real estate business in Great Britain as of September 2005. Factors that led to the increase in consumer inflation; Decline in real property sales; Status of interest rates and real property yields.
- Who's the fairest of them all? Skjerven, Einar // EuroProperty;1/21/2013, p18
The article discusses the stability of Germany for real estate investing. It highlights a trend barometer from Ernst & Young Real Estate for the real estate investment market in Germany, which reveals that 99% of persons surveyed consider Germany as an attractive market in comparison to other...
- bubble watch. Regnier, Pat // Money;Jul2005, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p62
Presents information on the real estate market. Interest rates for residential mortgages; Home-loan rates; Others.
- EG data Cost of money. // Estates Gazette;7/31/2004, Issue 431, p36
Presents graphical representations of interest rates and property yields in the real estate industry in Great Britain as of July 31, 2004. Swap rates and projected London Inter-Bank Offered Rate; Property versus borrowing costs; Comparative yields.
- Real estate pros optimistic despite looming rate hikes. Gurliacci, David // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/14/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 24, p17
Reports on the positive outlook for the real estate industry in Fairfield County, Connecticut, despite expected increases in interest rates in the second half of 2004. Low mortgage rates; Certain executives' belief that the market's strength will be increased by people's investment in real...
- Sector fund's star shines brighter. Catalano, Alex // Estates Gazette;1/19/2002, Issue 203, p43
Reports the market performance of pooled property investment funds in Great Britain in 2001. Comparison with property shares and the stock market; Factor that contributed to its performance; Variations in the performance of individual funds.