Hedgies Hope Europe Will Change
- PROPOSED INSOLVENCY LAW PAVES WAY FOR FDI. // Global Finance;Jan2015, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p23
The article focuses on the foreign direct investment (FDI) insolvency law proposed by the government of Kuwait to reduce the burden of the country's private sector. It is noted that the country has a reputation of being a difficult place to do business due to a challenging bureaucracy and...
- FOREIGN INVESTMENTS IN IRAN. Westberg, John A. // Business Lawyer;Jul69, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p1263
Focuses on the use of Law for Attraction and Regulations in foreign investments in Iran. Purpose of the law; Limitations and privileges of the law; Types of investment.
- RESOLVING BANKRUPTCY. Mota, Diana // Business Credit;May2015, Vol. 117 Issue 5, p18
The article discusses the evolution of laws governing the restructuring or dissolution of insolvent firms worldwide. Topics covered include the environment for addressing weaknesses within insolvency structures like foreign direct investment, the global economic downturn, and the reduction in...
- Invitation to Cuba. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;12/14/98, Vol. 256 Issue 11, p30
Focuses on the reopening of Cuba for foreign investments. Purpose on the liberalization of commercial laws; Plans to reform the country's economy; Number of commercial enterprises involved in foreign trade.
- RISK SUMMARY: BRAZIL. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Feb2005, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p2
Forecasts risks in Brazil for 2005. Decline in political risk rating; Developments in the country's debts; Passage of a fundamental reform for the country's bankruptcy laws.
- 3. MACRO-ACCESSIBILITY IN CHINA: 3.8. OPENNESS TO FOREIGN INVESTMENT. // Solar Photovoltaic Development in China: A Strategic Reference, ;2004, p47
The article focuses on foreign investments of China as well as basic laws regulations governing or affecting such investments. In 1980's, the country restricted foreign investments to export-oriented operations. However, it has allowed foreign investors to trade goods in the domestic market in...
- Help Is On The Way! Tatge, Mark; Gottfried, Miriam // Forbes Asia;2/13/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p30
The article focuses on a possible deregulation on foreign ownership in the U.S. and the European Union to help the troubled airlines in the U.S. American Airlines (AMR) has lost $8.1 billion since 2001. A useful alternative to bankruptcy in U.S. airlines are takeovers in international...
- Rising dollar boosts net foreign debt. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;10/3/2003, p5
Presents information on the status of net foreign debt of Canada as of October 2003. Assessment of the extent of international liabilities of the country; Information on Canadian direct investment abroad; Likely reasons behind the increase in the net external debt of Canada. INSET: Canadians...
- Foreign Direct Investment in the United States Detail for Historical-Cost Position and Related Capital and Income Flows, 1997. // Survey of Current Business;Sep98, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p74
Reports on the foreign direct investments in the United States (US). Details on the estimates for 1997 and 1994-1996; Reclassification of intercompany debt and associated interest transactions with financial intermediaries.