Plus La Meme Chose On Wall Street
- Investment Banker Prestige and the Underpricing of Initial Public Offerings. Johnson, James M.; Miller, Robert E. // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Summer88, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p19
This article develops and tests the three main hypotheses explaining why issues underwritten by prestigious investment bankers should exhibit lower initial returns and why this result is not an anomaly. First, the results of five previous studies are replicated, and all find that prestigious...
- The IPO scavenger hunt. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;12/04/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p1
No abstract available.
- Relentless forces erode fee structure. Garrity, Brian; O'Leary, Chris // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/01/99, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p18
Reports that mergers and fierce competition are to blame for the erosion of underwriting fees in 1998 of investment banks in the United States. Amount paid by the three companies that went public in the country's largest initial public offering of 1998; Scramble to win mandates on jumbo global...
- Banks Gained in IPO Jump Of 164% in First Quarter. MANDARO, LAURA // American Banker;4/5/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 66, p6
Reports on the increase in initial public offering (IPO) underwriting volume in the United States in the first quarter of 2000. Market observers' remarks concerning the revenue-rich area of investment banking; Revenues of selected banks.
- New York Area's Largest Investment Banks. // Crain's New York Business;3/17/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p28
Ranks investment banks in New York on the basis of their public debt and equity offerings. Brief information about the banks. Comparison between offerings in 2002 and 2001.
- IPO lull takes toll on Street. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;06/05/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the consequences of the collapse of the market for initial public offering on Wall Street in terms of revenue and profits. Decline of Standard & Poor's investment bank index from the beginning of April 2000; Analysts' reduction of estimates for second quarter profits; Prospect for...
- All IPOs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/26/98, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p22
Presents a ranking of investment banks in the United States based on the volume of initial public offerings they managed in 1997.
- All domestic issues capital--raising issues (public + 144A). // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/05/99, Vol. 65 Issue 14, p21
Lists investment banks in the United States ranked by capital raising for domestic issues in the first quarter of 1999. Amount raised; Market share; Comparison with year-ago level.
- Agency issues. // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/05/99, Vol. 65 Issue 14, p24
Lists investment banks in the United States ranked by agency issues in the first quarter of 1999. Amount raised; Market share; Comparison with year-ago level.