The Perpetual Probe Era
- Moving ahead with stock funds. // Consumer Reports;Mar2002, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p40
Offers advice on how to select mutual funds for a 401(k) retirement plan. Issue of diversification among stocks; Information on how to assess one's portfolio; Evaluation of mutual funds.
- Solo 401(k)s Take Wing. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Dec2002, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p64
Presents information on the Small Business Owner 401(k) plans created by the 2002 Economic Growth and Tax Relief and Reconciliation Act in the U.S. Advantages of the plan; Views of brokers on the plan; Target market of the plan; Mutual fund companies that began offering solo 401(k) plans. ...
- Mutual fund rating firms use different criteria. Israelov, Rhoda // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/24/97, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p41A
Presents answers to questions concerning financial planning issues. Tips for a nonworking spouse on how to contribute to a 401(k) and an individual retirement account (IRA); Differences in the ratings of mutual funds.
- Funding Your Future. Stav, Julie // Hispanic;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1/2, p56
Addresses a question about distributing 401(k) investment accounts. Importance of considering the age in determining the category of investment appropriate for the 401(k) plan; Information on mutual funds; Suggestions on looking at choices offered in the 401(k) plan.
- When to Sell. Quinn, Jane Bryant // Newsweek;3/6/2000, Vol. 135 Issue 10, p80
Offers answers to financial questions from readers. Advice on what to do with a portfolio of mutual funds with substantial unrealized capital gains; Whether to roll the money from an account under the Uniform Gifts to Minors Act to a new college-investment plan; Advice on using a 401(k) to...
- Most 401(k) Providers Alter Fund Choices. // American Banker;3/14/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 49, p18
Reports that more than half the companies offering 401(k) plans have altered the mutual fund choices available in their plans within the last year, according to the CFO Outlook Survey.
- Week In Review. // Money Management Executive;6/28/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p4
The article offers news briefs related to money management in the U.S. The financial institution, Citigroup Inc., had planned to raise three billion dollars for its private-equity and hedge funds. The assets of individual retirement account (IRA) had passed the assets being held in the 401(k)...
- STATS. // On Wall Street;Apr2008, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p28
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics including the average insurance contract longevity in the U.S., the U.S. households holding individual retirement accounts (IRA) in 2007, and the investigations, civil actions and administrative proceedings initiated by the U.S. Securities...
- Mutual funds consider redemption fees in light of SEC rule. Anderson, Tom // Employee Benefit News;5/1/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p52
Focuses on the decision of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to let mutual fund companies charge short-term investors fees if their rapid trading hurts long-term investors, as of May 2005. Role of the ruling in limiting market timing; Use of redemption fees in covering the cost of...