- Sea Cadets and the Shipmate Program. Vergun, David // Sea Power;Jul2003, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p50
Discusses the Navy League's programs to encourage youths to pursue a career in the U.S. Navy. Establishment of the Buddies program which sponsored cruises aboard U.S. Navy ships for high-school-age boys; Education of young people about sea services; Categories of the Sea Cadet program.
- SWCC Demonstrations at Portland Rose Festival. Rowley, Eric J. // All Hands;Jul2008, Issue 1096, p34
The article reports on demonstrations and boat rides provided by Special Warfare Combatant-craft Crewman from San Diego, California to help recruit new members to the special warfare community at the 101st annual Portland Rose Festival.
- Marinha do Brasil: UMA TRAJETÃ“RIA DO ENFARDAMENTO. Espindola Halpern, Elizabeth; Costa Leite, Ligia // AntÃteses;jan-jun2014, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p158
The examination of the foundations of Brazilian Navy and its professionals was conducted through a socio-historical analysis, considering that both have a historical trajectory and a source and social bases, based on the way they were conceived. It is believed that they are effects of the modern...
- The Royal Navy to use Bebo in recruitment campaign. // Marketing Week;3/29/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p14
The article reports on the use of the Bebo profile pages of the Royal Navy in Great Britain. The pages are being established as part of the integrated recruitment campaign of the Royal Navy. One profile page features Brendan Spoors, a Royal Navy pilot who has traveled the world and has become a...
- Armed services run hard-hitting online campaign. // New Media Age;11/13/2003, p4
Reports on the online recruitment campaigns launched by the British Royal Marines and Royal Navy in November 2003. Creativity of the recruitment campaigns; Theme of the campaigns.
- Recruiter. // Army Reserve Magazine;Winter97, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on recruiters in the United States Army Reserve. Benefits afforded to recruiters; Qualifications of recruiters. INSET: To apply..
- For the Common Defense: A Military History of the United States of America. // Military Affairs;Jan1986, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p51
Reviewed: For the Common Defense: A Military History of the United States. Millett, Allan R. and Maslowski, Peter.
- Antecedent Education and Officer Recruitment: the Origins and Early Development of the Public School - Army Relationship. // Military Affairs;Dec1977, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p183
Relates reforms in officer recruitment to general societal movements in Great Britain during the 19th century. Educational criteria for entry to the officer corps marked the beginning of the formal relationship between the public schools and the army. Certain schools specialized in the...
- NAVY. // Tracks Directory: Career Paths UK;Aug2006, p9
The article provides information on the job opening for the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Careers Service of the British Royal Navy. a Royal Navy rating (or ordinary seaman) undertakes a range of duties on ship and in shore-base, from administration to weapons maintenance. With specific training...