Baltimore Sea Cadets Cited For Rescue Efforts After Water Taxi Capsizes
- Navy/Marine Corps Service Day. // Armed Forces Comptroller;Summer2002, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p17
Highlights the U.S. Navy/Marine Corps Service Day on May 29, 2002. Topic addressed by keynote speaker Dionel M. Aviles, Assistant Secretary of the Navy; Issues related to finance tackled in the meet; Information on workshops held during the event.
- Lehman Naval JROTC Change of Command. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);7/ 6/2011, Vol. 109 Issue 13, p3B
A photograph of the 2011 Lehman High School Naval Junior Reserve Training Offices Corps (JROTC) Change of Command Ceremony is presented, along with the Cadet Achievement Ribbon awardee.
- Man overboard. Caprio, Dennis // Yachting;Jul95, Vol. 178 Issue 1, p46
Presents various boat maneuvering techniques for returning to the swimmer who fell overboard a boat. Attendance of the author in a man-overboard trials organized and hosted by the Modern Sailing Academy in Sausalito, California; Importance of communication with the man-overboard.
- Some important questions. // Yachting;Jul95, Vol. 178 Issue 1, p49
Responds to inquiries concerning the rescuing of a man-overboard (MOB). Proper boat maneuvering technique in rescuing the victim; Fastest MOB maneuvers; Way of marking a MOB at night.
- LOCAL RESOURCES NOT ENOUGH FOR TOWER RESCUE. Klein, Rick // Fire Engineering;Aug2002, Vol. 155 Issue 8, p26
Describes the rescue operation conducted by the Lincoln Fire & Rescue Department on an injured communication crew in Rock County, Nebraska. Complications in the incident site; Highlights of the rescue preparations; Rescue approaches and strategies.
- First, Do No Harm. Reininger, Stuart // MotorBoating;Apr2002, Vol. 189 Issue 4, p20
Interprets a rescue operating principle in boating. Overview of an incident that took place in Long Island Sound, New York City; Lessons learned from the incident; Questions to be answered before reacting to any distress situation.
- Rescuers dug out 18 bodies of Japanese and Nepalese trekkers. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;11/13/95, Vol. 87 Issue 244, p2
Reports on the number of trekkers rescued and the dead bodies found during the rescue operations at the Mount Everest region in Nepal on November 12, 1995.
- The aquazoids. Rutemiller, Brent; Lowenheim, Al // Swimming World & Junior Swimmer;Feb95, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p28
Presents rescue tips for swimmers. Floatable object between rescuer and victim; Description of slowpoke lifestroke; Distance between rescuer and victim.
- Saving Souls. Hendricks, Jim // Boating;May2013, p26
The article offers suggestions on how to implement successful rescue work during boating accidents which include carrying boarding device such as rope ladder and hook-style ladder, approaching cautiously towards swimmer and using a Man Overboard button (MOB) that raises a signal alarm.