Stockdale Cadets Lend a Hand at WWII Memorial Dedication
- WWII Memorial Date Set. // Army Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p53
Reports on the scheduled date for the National World War II Memorial in Washington D.C. Recognition to the services of the World War II veterans; Honor given to the idealism of the veterans; Expectation of the American Battle Monuments Commission to the ceremony.
- EDITORIAL. Anderson, Christopher J. // World War II;May2004, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p6
Comments on the significance of building World War II memorials for future generations. Challenges faced by the American Battle Monuments Commission in gaining approval for the construction of the National World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C.; Commendation to veterans; Importance of...
- Veterans' tribute. // Christian Science Monitor;5/27/97, Vol. 89 Issue 126, p4
Presents a caption story of two World War II veterans, participating in Memorial Day ceremonies in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Honoring the Greatest Generation. Keats Curtis, Jennifer // Maryland Life;Oct2012, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p78
The article offers information on the Maryland World War II Memorial which serves as a resting place for Marylanders who have served and died during World War II.
- Vets given access to memorials. Herb, Jeremy // Hill;10/3/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 112, p1
The article reports that veterans have been given access to the World War II Memorial by the U.S. National Park Service on October 2, 2013, while keeping it close to the public despite the opposition of Republicans.
- Memorial pays tribute to town's vets. // American City & County;Jul2007, Vol. 122 Issue 7, p22
The article reports on the ceremony held by Paramount, California and the Paramount Elks Club to dedicate a newly redesigned War Memorial Plaza in the Civic Center. The plaza includes a Veterans Memorial Wall built in 1973 with the names of 43 residents who died in World War II, Korea and...
- WWII VETS DEDICATE MONUMENT. Kelly, Carol A. // Officer;Mar2002, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p58
Reports the establishment of a war monument by U.S. World War II veterans in Attu Island, Alaska. Effort of Reserve Officers Association members to add a plaque to the U.S. monument; Words written on the memorial inscription; Account of the battle in the island.
- War monument etched in stone. Stinnard, Michelle // Stone World;Nov2005, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p80
Focuses on the use of Absolute Black granite for the monument honoring World War II minority veterans of Onondaga County unveiled at the Oncenter Complex in Syracuse, New York. Reason for the selection of the kind of Absolute Black; Techniques used to etched the names into the granite;...
- NATIONAL WORLD WAR II MEMORIAL DEDICATION. // Officer Review Magazine;May2004, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p16
Reports on developments related to the National World War II Memorial dedication slated for May 2004 in Washington, D.C. Public interest in attending the ceremony; Efforts of Veterans Service Organization to hold events honoring the World War II generation; Live coverage of the ceremony by the...