Egypt to Buy Used Ships From Serbia-Montenegro
- Fighting into the Littoral. Annati, Massimo // Military Technology;Mar2005, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p49
Focuses on the new naval vessels that are capable to operate into the littoral environment. Factors to consider for naval vessels to effectively perform littoral missions close to home waters or deployment missions in faraway areas; Design and construction of several naval vessels by various...
- THE FLEET SURFACE FORCES. // Naval Forces;Special Issue 2005, p20
Focuses on the Surface Combat capability of the Swedish Royal Navy. Core of the Surface Combatants inventory; Corvette concept which originates from an evolutionary development of the Fast Attack Craft (FAC) that provided a substantial part of the Swedish Navy's Anti-Surface Warfare capability...
- FAST AND LETHAL: THE EVOLVING FAC MARKET. HOLZER, ROBERT // Naval Forces;2011, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p34
The article offers information on Fast Attack Craft (FAC) and its market analysis by AMI International. It discusses the differences between FAC and other warships such as corvettes and offshore patrol vessels (OPV) in terms of production size and equipment. Moreover, it features the...
- "DÃ©jÃ Vu All Over Again"/ "A Gunboat Navy for the 21st Century". Claymore, Peter G. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Oct2005, Vol. 131 Issue 10, p64
This article focuses on the gunboat navy. The gunboats of the early 19th century, today's littoral combat ship is a descendent of another failed system: the Civil War monitor vessels. These were relatively cheap and easy to produce and were successful in coastal and riverine warfare. They were...
- Editor's Note:. Rospond, Vincent // Journal of America's Military Past;Spring/Summer2015, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue including "Pelican Gunboats," "Saga of the 8-inch Guns," and "Fleet City."
- Commissioning of 1st Pakistan Navy Fast Attack Craft (Missile). // Hilal;2012, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p37
The article reports that the First Fast Attack Craft Missile PNS AZMAT was commissioned at Xingang Shipyard China.
- OPV FOR SURFACE PATROL: NOT EVERY COUNTRY NEEDS OR CAN AFFORD SOPHISTICATED SHIPS AND SYSTEMS. // Naval Forces;2009, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p76
The article presents an overview of various designs of Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPV). It defines the considerations for a boat to be called an OPV such as having a small size that can sail for long times in distant and often rough waters. It cites the difference between OPV missions and...
- The Corvettes and Frigate New Wave. Friedman, Norman; Biass, Eric H. // Armada International;Apr/May2003, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p58
Provides information on frigates and corvettes. List of countries building the naval ships; Features of the ships; Capabilities of the ships.
- Improving the Sting of the Corvette. Hanson, Anatole // Armada International;Apr/May2003, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p68
Focuses on the upgrading of corvettes and frigates. List of countries upgrading their warships; Areas of the ships being upgraded; Features of the ships.