Brazil Accelerates Reactor Work for Nuclear Submarine Program
- Leak fears ground UK's sub fleet. // Professional Engineering;11/01/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p13
Reports that Great Britain's fleet of hunter-killer nuclear submarines have been undergoing safety checks after a fault was found in the nuclear reactor cooling system of one, HMS Tireless. Events leading up to the grounding of the submarines; Implications of the move for the Ministry of...
- NEWS FROM ABROAD. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Mar1955, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p103
The article reports global events related to nuclear research and development. The Atomic Energy Commission of Australia announced the site for its research laboratories and nuclear reactor. It is hoped the major part of the laboratories will be completed by the end of 1956. After a decade of...
- NUCLEAR FUSION: Path to power. Nathan, Stuart // Engineer (Online Edition);4/11/2011, p22
The article offers brief information on Joint European Torus (JET) from Culham Innovation Centre.
- Robots react to nuclear plant damage. Zolfagharifard, Ellie // Engineer (00137758);6/20/2011, Vol. 296 Issue 7819, p7
The article reports on the development of a prototype inspection robot by England-based research group The Welding Institute (TWI) used to detect structural damage in ageing nuclear reactors.
- Phenix rises. // Modern Power Systems;Jul2003, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p5
Reports that the Phenix prototype fast-breeder reactor has been restarted following an extensive inspection, repair and safety upgrade project in France.
- ATOMS FOR PEACE. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Sep1956, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p273
The article reports developments related to nuclear reactors. The U.S. government plans to grant $8,750,000 to aid the construction of research reactors in 25 different countries which have signed the bilateral agreement with the U.S. In June 1956, bilateral research agreements were signed with...
- International Experts Tour Facilities At Saida Bay Handling Radioactive Waste. // Nuclear Waste News;10/24/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p8
The article informs that a group of international experts and representatives of donor countries visited the facilities at Saida Bay that is being constructed to handle radioactive waste material disposed from Russia's navy and fleet of nuclear-powered icebreakers. The complex on the Barents Sea...
- Thermal-hydraulic analysis of a plate-type fuel surrounded by two water channels by using Relap5. Iliuk, Itamar; Balthazar, José Manoel; Tusset, Angelo Marcelo; Piqueira, José Roberto Castilho // Mathematics in Engineering, Science & Aerospace (MESA);Sep2015, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p507
Thermal-Hydraulic analysis of plate-type fuel has a great importance to the establishment of safety criteria, also to the licensing of the future nuclear reactor with the objective of propelling the nuclear submarines (SSN). As a starting point, this work has performed an analysis of a single...
- With a little help from friends. Unnithan, Sandeep // India Today;8/10/2009, p4
The article reports on the INS Arihant, which is the first nuclear submarine of India and was unveiled during a ceremony attended by Gursharan Kaur, wife of Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. The submarine was built by over 100 Russian submarine technicians and designers using indigenous...