Indian MCMV Program Is Given the Green Light
- GERMANY SHIPBUILDING. // Acquisdata Industry SnapShot: Germany - Shipbuilding;9/30/2015, Issue 3487, p1
An industry report of the shipbuilding industry in Germany is presented from publisher Acquisdata Pty. Ltd., with topics including Japanese bid for submarines deal, overview of leading companies, and plan of Goa Shipyard Ltd. to build mine countermeasures vessels (MCMVs).
- Turkey Launches its First Indigenous Coastal Minesweeper. // Sea Power;Jul2004, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p44
Reports on the launching of the first Turkish indigenous coastal minesweeper Amasra on May 10, 2004 at the Istanbul Naval Shipyard. Construction of the follow-on units of the Aydin class, M-267 and M-268 at Istanbul; Addition of mine warfare vessels by the shipyard to Turkey's portfolio of...
- 'Make in India' Project 75 (India) Begins. // SP's Naval Forces;Oct/Nov2014, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p4
The article focuses on the Project 75 (India), which is for absorbing technology and building submarines by the Ministry of Defence and mentions various submarines models including Amur 1650, Navantia S-80, and HDW class 214.
- Indonesian Sub Contract Includes Plan to Build One Unit in Country. // Sea Power;Mar2012, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p46
The article offers news briefs related to seapower contracts as of March 2012. The $1.1 billion Type 209 submarine construction contract was won by Daewoo Shipbuilding Marine and Engineering (DSME) of South Korea. A final contract for the finance of the research and development of the anti-ship...
- SEA POWER INTERNATIONAL. // Sea Power;Feb2002, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p28
Presents news briefs on naval affairs from around the world as of February 2002. Agreement signed by the Indian Defense Ministry with the Russian arms export agency Rosoboronexport; Contract of BAE Systems and Thales with the United Kingdom Defense Procurement Agency; Identification of merchant...
- New Indian Corvette Launched. // Sea Power;Aug2002, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p37
Reports on the launching of a corvette by Goa Shipyard Ltd. for the Indian Navy. Features of the corvette; Engines of the corvette.
- Go goa gain. // India Today;3/16/2015, p1
The article reports that Manohar Parrikar, India's defence minister and head of the Defence Acquisition Council, cleared a contract, on February 28, 2015, to build mine countermeasure vessels at Goa Shipyard Ltd., which is expected to bring in technology and jobs for the local people in Goa, India.
- INTERESTING PLACES. Beckett, Harry // Lake Michigan;1999, p25
Twenty-eight submarines and over a hundred other vessels, minesweepers, landing craft and submarine chasers, were built in Manitowoc during World War II. Local leaders and former submariners wanted to recognize the town's part in the war effort, so they founded the Manitowoc Maritime Museum. The...
- India pushed to complete helicopter development. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/10/1995, Vol. 142 Issue 15, p17
Reports that the Indian Parliament's Public Accounts Committee is urging India's Defense Ministry to expedite final development and production of the Advanced Light Helicopter. Delay in the production schedule; Use of the AlliedSignal Light Turbine Helicopter Engine built by Hindustan...