Turkey Launches its First Indigenous Coastal Minesweeper
- Indian MCMV Program Is Given the Green Light. // Sea Power;Jul2004, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p44
Reports on the Indian Ministry of Defense's approval of a plan by the Indian Navy to begin its future mine countermeasures vessel (MCMV) program. Procurement of MCMV to replace existing Pondicherry-class ocean minesweepers that have been in service since the late 1970s and early 1980s;...
- when the bow breaks. Townsend, Mark // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Jul2002, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p14
Focuses on the ship graveyard in the Bay of Bengal, Bangladesh. Description of the working condition at the ship graveyard; Increase in the number of ships destined for scrap; Actions being taken by world governments concerning health and environmental impact of ship-breaking activities.
- Launching of Hull No. 544 - VuÄedolska golubica. // Brodogradnja;Mar2006, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p41
Reports on the launch of Hull No. 544--VuÄ‰edolksa golubica at Kraljevica Shipyard in Croatia on February 4, 2006. Description of the prototype river monitoring vessel; Intended function of the vessel; Technical features of the vessel.
- 'Tapuhi'. MACINTYRE, IAIN // Ausmarine;May2013, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p23
The article reviews the new Damen 2411 ASD tug Tapuhi ship from Damen's Changde shipyard.
- One Vessel After Another. Bruns, Adam // Site Selection;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p926
The article reports on the manufacturing of ships in South Korea. In the first half of 2008, the shipyards have won fully half of the entire world's shipbuilding orders, totaling 12.4 million compensated gross tons. Export value for Korean ships is $27.68 billion. They are not just building the...
- 100 YEARS GERMAN SHIPYARD NORDSEEWERKE EMDEN. // NATO's Nations & Partners for Peace;2003, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p239
Focuses on the celebration of the anniversary of German shipyard Nordseewerke in Emden in March 2003. Statement issued by chairman of the executive board, Heinz Ratzmann on the performance of the shipyard; Ships and submarines built at the shipyard; Problems faced by the shipbuilding industry.
- Naval Promises Military Assures Avondale named projects will be funded. Price, Chris // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the construction of two landing platform dock ships at the Northrop Grumman Ship Systems Avondale Shipyard. Keel-laying ceremony of the USS New York; Cost of each ship in the program.
- Part Four: Key Sectors of Trade and Investment: 4.4 Shipbuilding Industry. // Doing Business with Poland;2005, p149
Provides information on the status of the shipbuilding industry in Poland, as of February 1, 2005. Number of workers employed by the Polish shipyards and repair yards; Global economic factors affecting the performance of the industry; Effect on the industry of a decline in ship prices on...
- New Burst of Box Ship Orders. // Traffic World;8/27/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 34, p31
The article reports on the new heights reached by the frantic ordering of mega-containerships in mid-August 2007 with announcements of contracts for thirteen 12,000-twenty-foot equivalent unit (TEU) vessels in the shipbuilding industry worldwide. The Korean shipyard STX said it has received an...