Oto Melara Munition Gives Naval Guns Low-Tech, 'Nonlethal' Precision
- Italy Readies Advanced Naval Gun System. Peruzzi, Luca // Journal of Electronic Defense;Aug2004, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p22
Reports that Oto Melara is completing the system-prototype-definition phase of the Davide program to develop guided ammunition for the 76/62mm naval gun for Italy's military. Importance of the Davide system as an inner-layer anti-missile defense system; Types of modification for the naval gun.
- HARD KILL - THE FINAL LAYER OF DEFENCE. Pittaway, Nigel // Defence Review Asia;May2011, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p22
The article offers brief information on several Close In Weapons System (CIWS) deployed in naval ships of some countries in the Asia-Pacific Region including the AK-630 system which is widely used by the Chinese navy, the Barak, an Israeli point defense missile system greatly utilized in Israel,...
- REMOTE CONTROLLED WEAPON STATIONS FOR NAVAL PLATFORMS. Barreira, Victor M. S. // Naval Forces;2014, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p41
The article offers brief information on several remote controlled weapon stations for naval platforms including the MARLIN WS from Oto Melara, Mk38 Mod 2 system from BAE Systems Inc. and the Mini-TYPHOON system from Rafael.
- TIME AGAIN FOR THE 'GOOD OLD' GUN? // Naval Forces;2009, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p88
The article features several naval multi-purpose guns and their objectives, which are widely used worldwide in 2009. It states that the improved model of 76mm Mk 75 from OTO Melara, the Super Rapid Mk 75 Mod 2, which is utilized against air threat and surface vessels, has an increased rate of...
- News Breaks. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/16/2007, Vol. 166 Issue 15, p67
This article announces that the quick-reaction low-collateral-damage bomb of the U.S. Navy is ready for operational use. The modified 500-pound Joint Direct Attack Munition utilizes less explosive to reduce or minimize the damage to personnel and structures.
- HITROLE-G. // Naval Forces;2014, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p19
The article presents brief information on the HITROLE-G remote weapon station, the Twin 40L70 Compact naval turret, and the Type 520RA naval gun, all from Italy-based OTO Melara, global leader in development of small-and medium-calibre naval guns.
- Italy Signs For PzH-2000. // Military Technology;Feb2003, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p48
Reports on the contract signed by OTO Melara, a Finmeccanica company, and IVECO FIAT with the Italian General Directorate for Land Armament. Aim to supply the Italian Army with training equipment; Worth of the contract; Features of the military equipment.
- Latest on Light/Medium Remote-control Turrets. Valpolini, Paolo // Armada International;Feb/Mar2015, Issue 1, p30
The article offers information on several remote-control Turrets including ARX20 weapon station from Nexter, Sea deFNder from FN Herstal and Hitrole 20 from Oto Melara.
- Medium Turrets Great Effects. Valpolini, Paolo // Armada International;Jun/Jul2010, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p40
The article focuses on the use of turrets, the interface between weapons and the carrying infantry fighting vehicles. The advantages of a manned turret are compared with those of the remotely controlled turret in relation to factors that determine the final choice, such as technical...