Lawmakers Seek Funding To Bolster Port Security
- California Congresswoman Juanita Millender-McDonald Dies Of Cancer At 68. Christian, Margena A. // Jet;5/7/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 18, p65
This article presents an obituary for Juanita Millender-McDonald, a member of the U.S. House of Representatives in California.
- MEMORIAL TODAY FOR MILLENDER-MCDONALD. McCormack, Kelly // Hill;5/17/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 59, p3
The article presents an obituary for Juanita Millender-McDonald, a Democrat representative in California.
- In Remembrance: Juanita Millender-McDonald. // Library of Congress Information Bulletin;May2007, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p115
The article presents an obituary for Representative Juanita Millender-McDonald of California.
- Millender-McDonald Dies of Cancer. Cohen, Richard E.; Smallen, Jill; Dick, Jason // National Journal;4/28/2007, Vol. 39 Issue 17, p46
The article presents an obituary for Democratic Representative Juanita Millender-McDonald of California.
- News From Congress -- Two Houses United in Fight Against
Breast Cancer; Bipartisan Support for Breast Cancer Stamp. // Ascribe Newswire: Health;8/6/2001, p2
United States Congressman David Dreier, Congresswoman Sue Kelly and Congresswoman Juanita Millender-McDonald along with over 1/4 of the U.S. House of Representatives have come together in a strong show of bi-partisan support to save a first of its kind postage stamp designed to save lives that...
- SPECIAL ELECTION TO FILL CONGRESSWOMAN MILLENDER-MCDONALD'S SEAT. Penn, Denise // Lesbian News;Jun2007, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p11
The article reports on the planned special election to replace Congresswoman Juanita Millender-McDonald who died of colon cancer on April 22, 2007. Millender-McDonald served as a member of Congress up until the time of her death representing California's 37th congressional district, which...
- National Headliners. // Jet;9/12/2005, Vol. 108 Issue 11, p14
Presents news about African Americans as of September 12, 2005. Completion of two volumes of a study of the late NAACP Washington Bureau director Clarence Mitchell by biographer Denton L. Watson; How Constance Berry Newman was given the Secretary's Distinguished Service Award; Naming of Juanita...
- FLORIDA COURT DENIES JENNINGS'S APPEAL. Youngman, Sam // Hill;6/19/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 73, p6
The article reports that an appellate court in Florida has denied the appeal of Democrat Christine Jennings to gain access to voting-machine software in the wake of her defeat in 2006 election. Jennings lost her candidacy to Representative Vern Buchanan by fewer than 400 votes, which she saw...
- National Headliners. // Jet;8/4/2003, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p12
Presents news about Afro-Americans as of August 4, 2003. Position of Representative Juanita Millender-McDonald at the U.S. Congressional Black Caucus legislative conference; Book published by public schools specialist Eugene Williams; Recognition given to California Representative Barbara Lee.