Magnus Says Marines Are Overstretched, Underfunded
- MARINE CORPS AIRCRAFT. // Sea Power;Jan2005, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p105
The article presents information on several U.S. Marine Corps aircrafts. The aircraft AV-8B Harrier II's primary tasks are to conduct close air support, armed reconnaissance and interdiction operations, armed escort of assault support operations and airdefense operations. The...
- USMC enhancing Hornets, Harriers. Rivers, B. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Dec99, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p33
Reports on the upgrading of the F/A-18A Hornet and AV-8B Harrier United States Marine Corps (USMC) aircraft. Description of the ECP-583 engineering-change program; Enhancement of the aircraft's capabilities; Improvement of targeting capabilities; Addition of Litening pods to Harrier aircraft;...
- MARINES AIRCRAFT. // Sea Power;Jan2004, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p105
Features various aircrafts used by the U.S. Marine Corps. Missions and primary tasks of the AV-8B Harrier II; Description of the F/A-18 Hornet; Operations of the EA-6B Prowler; Speed of the KC-130 Hercules.
- Marine Aviation Heals...Partially. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/2/2001, Vol. 154 Issue 14, p49
Focuses on United States Marine Corps officials' elimination of most of the problems that have plagued their aviation programs. Return of CH-53 heavy-lift helicopters to operational service; Technical problems of AV-8B Harriers; Continued interest in tiltrotors.
- Marine Corps AV-8B... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/16/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 7, p18
Reports that the United States Marine Corps' AV-8B Harrier jet fighters were grounded in August 1999 after discovery of a flaw in some of the aircraft's Rolls-Royce F402-RR-408 engines.
- HARRIER HIGHLIGHTS. // Naval Aviation News;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the successful test of the Litening II targeting pod for the United States Marine Corps' AV-8B Harrier flight trainer. Providing air-to-ground laser target designation capability; Enhanced day and night target acquisition; Improved low-level night flight and air-to-air capabilities;...
- Southern watch. Goebel, Brian // Marines;May96, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p12
Describes the US Marine Corps' AV-8B Harrier aircraft in the Iraqi no-fly zone. Components of Operation Southern Watch; Flight preparations; Capabilities.
- Marine Corps battles Harrier readiness problem. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/8/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 19, p65
Reports on United States Marine Corps officials' reconstitution of the AV-8B Harrier fleet. Serious degradation of the fleet early in 1999 due to accidents and overall aging of aircraft; Mission-capable rate of West and East Coast-based aircraft in August 1999; Recovery efforts for the...
- Iraq. Powell, Douglas // Marines;Nov97, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p7
Reports on the participation of the Harrier pilots of the US Marine Medium Helicopter Squadron-161 in the Operation Southern Watch in southern Iraq. Patrolling of the no-fly zone over southern Iraq in order to maintain continuous surveillance of the Kuwait-Iraq border; Carrying of live ordnance...