Warner and McCain, Hunter Rally Forces for Trade Fight
- Remarks Following a Meeting With Senators John McCain and John Warner. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/19/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 50, p1866
Presents the text of remarks issued by U.S. President George W. Bush on December 12, 2005 following a meeting with Senators John McCain and John Warner. Expression of gratitude for McCain for his efforts in the war on terror; Overview of an agreement reached with the war on terror; Expression of...
- Attacks leveled at TRP dual-use initiative. McAuliffe, Amy // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Feb95, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p3
Reports on possible Congressional cuts to the budget of the Technology Reinvestment Project (TRP), a project aimed at fostering technologies with both defense and commercial applications. Support of Senators John McCain and John Warner for the TRP's scrapping; Republican Party view that the...
- New D.C. heat for Boeing. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;7/17/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 29, p1
The article reports that a full-scale review of Boeing Co.'s $615-million settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice is being planned by the U.S. Senators. In response to Justice's decision not to prosecute Boeing, the Senate Armed Services Committee, led Senator John McCain, Senator John...
- White Hats vs. Black Hats. Frank, T. A.; Roth, Zachary // Washington Monthly;May2006, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p9
The article provides information on politicians in the U.S. who are involved in scandal investigations. It includes Senators John Warner, Mike DeWine and John McCain.
- Warner Still Expects Defense Authorization Bill For 2006. Cahlink, George // Defense Daily;9/8/2005, Vol. 227 Issue 48, p4
This article reveals that Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman (SASC) John Warner (R-Va.) is expecting U.S. Congress to pass a defense authorization bill for fiscal 2006. Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.), a member of SASC, urged GOP leadership to take up the defense authorization bill as soon...
- Bush gives senators the 'thumbs up' Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/5/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 32, p11A
Reports that three U.S. Republican Senators have added an amendment to the defense budget that will assure that this country treats its prisoners at Guantanamo, Cuba with some degree of humanity. Information that the principal backers of the bill are John McCain and John Warner; Impact of...
- Compromised. // New Republic;10/2/2006, Vol. 235 Issue 14, p7
The article presents the editors' perspective regarding the actions taken by U.S. Republican Senators John McCain, Lindsey Graham, and John Warner to oppose President George W. Bush's request for broader authority to try suspected terrorists. It asserts that their compromise rolls back only a...
- Oink. Mann, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/22/1995, Vol. 142 Issue 21, p19
Reports on Senator John McCain's reaction to the so-called critical defense industrial sectors that must be sustained with government work despite budget cutbacks. Turning of the defense industrial base into an acronym for pork.
- Back to the future: It's 2004 again. Youngman, Sam // Hill;6/18/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 71, p1
The article reports on the conflict between Senator John McCain and Senator Barack Obama on national security policies, which brought back the national security fight between President George W. Bush and Senator John Kerry in the U.S. in 2004.