Energy Saving through steam system modeling
- Green Deal growth glacial. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Dec2013, Issue 466, p32
The article reveals the continued increased uptake of the Green Deal loan scheme for home energy efficiency upgrades, according to statistics from the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) of Great Britain published on October 17, 2013.
- Decc consultation delays Eco rules. // Utility Week;9/14/2012, p4
The article discusses the consultation being done by Great Britain's Department of Energy and Climate Change on how much energy saving to allocate to each Energy Company Obligation measure.
- Finding hot savings through a steam generator. // Wire Journal International;Apr2005, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p99
Reports on the means to save energy through a stem generator by the American Insulated Wire's plant in Coffeyville, Kansas. Change of the company production line from steam boilers to steam generators from Clayton Industries; Placement of conductors to steam pressure of 250 psi; Problem...
- DECC under attack for Green Deal decision. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Jun2011, Issue 437, p16
The article reports on the criticism of the Department of Energy and Climate Change's (DECC) decision on Green Deal repayment scheme in Great Britain. The department was criticized for allowing the use of electricity bills to pay loans because of the possibility of creating public confusion and...
- Root Cause Analysis Software Helps Refiner End Valve-Actuator Failures. // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Oct2002 Part 1, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p30
Focuses on the installation of the PROACT root cause analysis software at the Lyondell-Citgo petroleum refinery in the U.S. Identification of the failure modes; Increase of the torque requirement; Reduction of maintenance costs.
- Overwhelmed Green Deal fund frozen. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Sep2014, Issue 475, p29
The article reports that the British Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) has temporarily stopped accepting applications for the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund (GDHIF) program. Topics discussed include reason behind the DECC's move, budget reserved for the household energy efficiency...
- 'Energy Management in Lighting' Awards Scheme. // Textile Institute & Industry;Sep1975, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p280
This article reports on an Awards Scheme being sponsored by the Lighting Industry Federation and the British Department of Energy to encourage the wise use of electricity for lighting in Great Britain. The awards has also other sponsors, such as the Confederation of British Industry and the...
- Energy conservation: 'not doing without but doing more'. Patterson, Walter C. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Dec1978, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p6
The article talks about energy conservation in Britain. The abundance of natural gas from the North Sea complicates the longer-term planning for the expiration of the gas wells and threatens the market for Britain's coal industry. The measures raised by the British Department of Energy's...
- We must ensure smart grids are not left behind. Slater, Andy // Utility Week;5/6/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p12
The article discusses the smart metering system for Great Britain and its rollout under the direct management of the Department of Energy and Climate Change (Decc). The introduction of the smart meter system is intended to promote energy efficiency and reduce dependence on fossil fuels. Under...