Using Highly Efficient Boilers to maximize tobacco yields
- Nitrogen Oxides Emission Control Options for Coal-Fired Electric Utility Boilers. Srivastava, Ravi K.; Hall, Robert E.; Khan, Sikander; Culligan, Kevin; Lani, Bruce W. // Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association (Air & Waste M;Sep2005, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p1367
Recent regulations have required reductions in emissions of nitrogen oxides (NOx) from electric utility boilers. To comply with these regulatory requirements, it is increasingly important to implement state-of-the-art NOx control technologies on coal-fired utility boilers. This paper reviews NOx...
- Emissions Control: SCR Design and Operation. Buecker, Brad // Power Engineering;Aug2002, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p24
Reports on the factors which should be considered when planning selective catalytic reduction systems installations or retrofits to new and existing boilers. Design issues; Potential complicating factors to plant operations; Control of nitrogen oxide in combined-cycle plants.
- DON'T NOx TEXAS. Mathis, James D. // Power Engineering;Jul2005, Vol. 109 Issue 7, p40
Provides information on the modification of boiler combustion systems at Fayette Power Project, a coal-fired electricity generation facility operated by Lower Colorado River Authority in LaGrange, Texas. Significance of the modification to reduction of nitrogen oxide emissions by the plant;...
- Effects of Canola Biodiesel on a DI Diesel Engine Performance and Emissions. Roy, Murari Mohon; Alawi, Majed; Wang, Wilson // International Journal of Mechanical & Mechatronics Engineering;Apr2013, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p46
A direct injection (DI) diesel engine is tested with different biodiesel-diesel blends, such as B0 (neat diesel), B5 (i.e., 5 vol. % biodiesel and 95 vol. % diesel), B10 (10 vol. % biodiesel), B20 (20 vol. % biodiesel), B50 (50 vol. % biodiesel), and B100 (neat biodiesel) for performance and...
- Trends in OMI NO2 observations over the United States: effects of emission control technology and the economic recession. Russell, A. R.; Valin, L. C.; Cohen, R. C. // Atmospheric Chemistry & Physics;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 24, p12197
Observations of tropospheric NO2 vertical column densities over the United States (US) for 2005-2011 are evaluated using the OMI Berkeley High Resolution (BEHR) retrieval algorithm. We assess changes in NO2 on day-of-week and interannual timescales to assess the impact of changes in emissions...
- Navistar launches MaxxForce 2010 emissions education campaign. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2009, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on the launching of an education campaign by Navistar and MaxxForce to clarify issues in 2010 emissions technologies. It is stated that the campaign, including customer seminars and trade advertising, addresses the fuel economy and operational impacts of approaches to...
- TFS 2000 R system: Lowest NOx levels for retrofit T-fired boilers. // Power Engineering;Apr95, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p6
Describes ABB C-E Services' TFS 2000 R technology for reducing NOx emission levels in coal-fired boilers. Advantages; How it works; Customized design.
- Nitric oxide emissions and combustion performance of nontraditional ring-fired boilers with furnace geometries. Sung, Yonmo; Choi, Cheolyong; Moon, Cheoreon; Eom, Seongyong; Lee, Jong; Kim, Byung; Choi, Gyungmin; Kim, Duckjool // Journal of Mechanical Science & Technology;Aug2015, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p3489
The flow, combustion and emission characteristics of nontraditional ring-fired-type furnaces were investigated numerically to evaluate the effects of incorporating additional inner water walls on the heat transfer, carbon burnout and emissions of nitrogen oxides. Both tangentially and...
- Impact of Biogenic Emission Uncertainties on the Simulated Response of Ozone and Fine Particulate Matter to Anthropogenic Emission Reductions. // Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association (Air & Waste M;Jan2011, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p92
No abstract available.