- Features: Desuperheating valves take the heat. Hynes, Geoffrey // Power;Mar2008, Vol. 152 Issue 3, p52
The article presents information on the role of Hot Reheat (HRH) Steam Bypass Actuators in a combined-cycle power plant. According to the author, the cascading bypass system is perhaps the most common design for managing high-pressure steam in a combined-cycle plant. That makes it perhaps the...
- THE MULTIFLEX THERMOSTATIC MIXING VALVE. // Contractor Magazine;Dec2011, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p46
The article offers brief information on the Multiflex Thermostatic Mixing Valve from Cash Acme.
- Compact main-steam valve units for China's first VVERs. Penney, John // Modern Power Systems;Aug2000, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p55
Focuses on the main-steam valve units for China's first pressurized water reactors. Integration of main-steam valve units to provide main-steam isolation and safety; Operation; Main components.
- FULL-COLOR BROCHURE INCLUDES NEW, HIGH-EFFICIENCY BOILERS. // American Coin-Op (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Feb2004, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p8
An eight-page, full-color brochure from A.O. Smith Water Products Co. highlights the company's recently expanded line of BTH Cyclone XHE Â® commercial gas water heaters, which now includes the BTH-300 and BTH-400 model water heaters â€” 130-gallon units with inputs of 300,000 and 400,000...
- Slow opening valve gives fast payback. // Process Engineering;Sep2003, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p13
Reports on the plant installation of a Spirax Sarco automatic slow-opening steam valve by Bulmer & Lumb in Great Britain. Cost effectiveness of the valve; Total cost incurred by the company for the valve installation; Efficacy of the valve to close steam supply.
- The house by Cedar Hill. Holohan, Dan // Plumbing & Mechanical;Nov2012, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p22
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of observing pressure reducing valves from a Consolidated Edison's district-steam system in the Fifith Avenue mansion across Cedar Hill in New York City.
- Taking it outside. C.W.; Phillips, William G. // Popular Science;Jun98, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p38
Focuses on the Weather-Pro or Enviro Tuff gas water heater which is meant to be installed on the outside and created by the Gas Research Institute (GRI) of Chicago, Illinois, and the American Water Heater Company of Johnson City, Tennessee. What heater was designed to do; Features of the...
- Rebates are successful. // LP/Gas;Aug95, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p20
Reports on Texas' cash rebate program for consumers who buy propane water heaters. Eligibility for rebates; Contact information.
- Gas heater shipments up 20.6% through May. // LP/Gas;Aug97, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p19
Reports on the increase in gas water unit heater shipments in Arlington, Virginia through the first five months of 1997, according to reports by Gas Appliance Manufacturers Association.