Lean as a way of work
- Change gang. Couretas, John // Automotive News;8/4/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5725, p8i
Focuses on Donnelly Corp., maker of rear view mirrors, in Holland, Michigan. The different quality improvement programs and consultants at the plant; The need for a lean production system to handle the expanding growth; Comments from Russ Scaffede vice president of manufacturing; Data on the...
- Quarterly earnings. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/16/98, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p28
Reports on the financial performance of Donnelly Corp. for the second quarter of its 1998 fiscal year. Increase in net income; Increase in sales.
- Donnelly Growth, cuts continuing. VanderVeen, Don // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/23/95, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the restructuring of the Donnelly Corp. Termination of 25 office personnel; Expansion of manufacturing operations; Divestiture of three holding companies.
- Donnelly closing plant. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;05/20/96, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p1
Reports that Donnelly Corp. is closing its manufacturing operations in Mt. Pleasant, Tennessee due to business losses.
- Six Donnelly plants achieve certification. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;09/02/97, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p3
Highlights the QS-9000 certification received by Donnelly Corp. at all its six manufacturing operations in West Michigan.
- Donnelly swings ax in Europe. Couretas, John // Automotive News;9/7/1998, Vol. 73 Issue 5783, p6
Reports on changes which were made by Donnelly Corp., a leading maker of auto mirrors, to fix problems at its European unit. Naming of four top executives who were sent to handle the unit's operations; Dismissal of Hans Huber, chief operating officer for European operations; Information on John...
- Supplier, streamline thyself. Couretas, John // Automotive News;9/7/1998, Vol. 73 Issue 5783, p18
Focuses on Donnelly Corporation's program to improve the performance of its North American suppliers. Strategy used by the company to adopt lean manufacturing practices; Benefits gained by Donnelly's work with suppliers; Comments from Steven Lamber, Donnelly's director of corporate materials. ...
- Donnelly scores win. Ghering, Mike // Grand Rapids Business Journal;03/24/97, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p1
Reports on Donnelly Corp.'s major step forward as a Tier 1 supplier of overhead consoles for a North-American pick-up truck. Expectations of production each year; Consolidation of the supplier base in the automotive industry.
- As I see it. Dodgson, Gregory E.V. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/18/96, Vol. 14 Issue 47, p20
Features Donnelly Corp.. an international manufacturer of interior and exterior systems. Financial standing of company; Comments and recommendations of business analysts on company's stocks; Company's business position.