Jaguar assesses `perfect' parts that aren't perfect
- Aluminum car bodies benefit from vision. // Vision Systems Design;May2005, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the use of the AutoGauge System from Perceptron by automobile company Jaguar to measure critical build points on every vehicle during the aluminum-body manufacturing process of its XJ model. Features of the AutoGage system; Content of its sensor; Purpose of the software on the...
- Jaguar wants one platform for its cars. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News Europe;1/22/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p25
The article reports on the ultimate design plan of Jaguar which would incorporate a single architecture to base all its cars. According to Al Kammerer, product development director for Jaguar and Land Rover, the ultimate design requires up-front investment to make it happen. Jaguar's first...
- The rake's progress. Rossouw, J.D. // Finance Week;7/14/2003, p82
Features Jaguar Cars Ltd.'s X-Type car. Style of the car; Interior design of the car; Engine power; Price; Comparison between Jaguar X-Type and Volvo car.
- Jaguar counts on prestige as luxury-car trump card. Serafin, Raymond // Automotive News;11/7/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5577, p28
Reports on the marketing strategy of Jaguar Cars Inc. for the redesigned Jaguar XJ line of sedans. Automobile prices; Marketing budget; Company sales in 1993.
- X marks the spot. // AutoWeek;12/07/98, Vol. 48 Issue 50, p2
Speculates on the design and the features of Jaguar Cars Inc.'s X400. Launching of the automobile to compete with the BMW 3 Series and Mercedes C-Class; Expected engine of the car.
- Sleek handling solution. // Works Management;Feb2000, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p7
Reports on the need for Jaguar to organize production in time for the S-Type launch. Commissioning of an automatic storage and retrieval handling and storage system; Production of painted XJ8 and XK8 car bodies.
- A New Roadster For Jaguar? Martin, Norman // Automotive Industries;Jul99, Vol. 179 Issue 7, p10
Unveils the plan of Jaguar company to develop a roadster based on its S-Type sports sedan automobile. Information on the automobile.
- Jaguar pursues smaller car. Johnson, Richard // Automotive News;7/15/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5669, p1
Reports on Jaguar's plan to build a small car that will compete with the BMW 3 series and Mercedes C class. Starting price of Jaguar's American line; Planned features of the X200 sedan; Likelihood of the car being built in the United States and sharing a platform with Ford; Comments from Roger...
- Jaguar considers U.S. production for X400 small car. Bursa, Mark // Automotive News;9/1/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5729, p6
Reports on the Jaguar Motor Company's consideration of building a small car, the X400, to compete with the BMW 3 series and the Mercedes-Benz C class. Considerations of the feasibility study; Manufacturing locations; Comments by Jaguar Cars Ltd. Chairman Nick Scheele; Sales projections;...