Ford's influence on Jaguar
- Jaguar joins the aluminum elite. Mortimer, John // Professional Engineering;09/20/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 17, p14
Reports on Jaguar Cars Inc.'s plans to use aluminum technology developed by Ford Motor Co.'s America Aluminum Intensive Vehicle program in the production of its flagship Jaguar X350 automobile. Other Jaguar automobiles expected to use the technology; Jaguar's approach in integrating aluminum in...
- JAGUAR: WHAT TO DO WITH A TROUBLED LEGEND? Morrisette, Shelley; Hatfield, Louise // Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies;2007, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p1
The article describes the case of the rise and fall of Jaguar in Great Britain. In 1984, Jaguar was floated off as a separate company on the stock market because the government felt it could no longer subsidize it. It was purchased by Ford Motor because it fits its strategy of becoming a...
- Union: Jag-Land Rover sale done this month. Lewin, Tony // Automotive News Europe;2/4/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p1
The article reports that the sale of the Jaguar and Land Rover automobiles is to be finalized by Ford Motor and Tata to the Indian automobile manufacturer. Roger Maddison of Unite, the largest automotive union in Great Britain, explains that the two companies are hoping to do the deal proper by...
- Does Jaguar have a future? Keller, Maryann // Automotive Industries;Sep94, Vol. 174 Issue 9, p13
Focuses on the state of the Jaguar automobile after its acquisition by Ford Motor Company. Features; Product strategy; Vehicle and distribution system.
- The Elephant And the Cat. // Ward's Auto World;Dec98, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p23
Focuses on the acquisition of Ford Motor Co. on Jaguar Cars Ltd. Criticism on the amount paid by Ford in acquiring Jaguar; Comment from Alex Trotman, chairman of Ford Motor.
- THE Â£56k QUESTION. Prior, Matt // Autocar;7/16/2014, Vol. 281 Issue 6108, p36
In this article, author suggests two affordable cars to buy incomparison to new costly cars. These cars include Jaguar F-type V6 S coupÃ© manufactured by automaker company Jaguar and Focus RS manufactured by automaker company, Ford Motors Co. Topics include six cylinder engines, insurance and...
- How Ford bought, fixed Jaguar. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News Europe;6/2/2003 Supplement, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p14
Looks at the acquisition of Jaguar by car manufacturer Ford Motor Co. in the late 1980s. Companies considered by Ford for an acquisition to rival BMW and Mercedes-Benz; Effect of the market drop-off in the 1991 to 1992 period on the sales production of Jaguar.
- Bridgend plant could be in line for Jaguar engines deal. Mortimer, John // Professional Engineering;01/31/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p15
Focuses on speculations that future gasoline engines for the Jaguar X-type automobile from Jaguar PLC, could be manufactured at Ford Motor Co.'s plant at Bridgend in New South Wales. List of locations where gasoline engines for Jaguar X-type automobiles are currently manufactured; Projected...
- HOT TRIM. MIGLIORE, GREG // AutoWeek;12/10/2012, Vol. 62 Issue 25, p9
The article offers brief information on several automobiles launched at the Los Angeles Auto Show in California which include Dodge Charger Daytona from Chrysler Group LLC, Jaguar XFR-S from Jaguar Cars Ltd. and Ford Fiesta ST from Ford Motor Co.