Lost Foam Rises
- FATA opens Livonia operation. // Foundry Management & Technology;Nov98, Vol. 126 Issue 11, p10
Reports that The FATA European Group opened a North American office, FATA Aluminum Inc., in Livonia, Michigan, in an effort to aggressively market to the automotive industry, design and build capability for lost foam aluminum casting equipment, aluminum molding machines and a complete line of...
- Lost Foam Comes of Age. // Foundry Management & Technology;Jul2001, Vol. 129 Issue 7, p26
Focuses on the use of foam casting process by several metal casting industries in the U.S. Installations of foam casting equipment by Fata Aluminum Inc.; Commitment of General Motors to the lost foam casting process; Involvement of Shamrock Automation Inc. in lost foam pouring applications.
- FATA ACQUIRES PETERLE S.P.A. // Foundry Management & Technology;May2001, Vol. 129 Issue 5, p8
Reports the acquisition of Peterle S.p.A. by Fata Aluminum Inc. in Italy.
- Customization As Manufacturing Tradition. Vanessi, Giovanni // World Trade;May2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p38
Deals with the development of customized machinery by Italian original equipment manufacturing companies as of May 2003. Tools and products which were developed as a result of Italian technological innovations; Measures taken by FAA Aluminum to create custom solutions for General Motors Corp.;...
- Teksid and FATA Put GMBOND to the Test. Eastman, Jeremy D.; Herreid, Richard // Foundry Management & Technology;Sep2002 Where-to-Buy Directory, Vol. 130 Issue 9, p36
Discusses the evaluation of economic and technical performance factors of GMBOND, a protein-based polymer binder in improving the sand casting processes. Partnership of Hormel Foods GMBOND sand binder with FATA aluminum; Implication of temperature control on sand mixture; Effect of increased...
- Bendable aluminum castings. McGraw, Jon // Ornamental & Miscellaneous Metal Fabricator;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p33
The article focuses on the functionality of bendable aluminum castings as an alternative in achieving unique and creative results. It mentions several advantages of bendable aluminum castings including double face product, good depth of ornate detail on both sides, and ease of fabrication. It...
- Defects cast aside. // Works Management;Dec2003, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p9
Focuses on the total productive management program adopted by Londonderry, Northern Ireland-based aluminum castings company Calcast. Employee training on tools and technique; Decline in reject rate; Reduction in downtime; Levels of productivity and safety in the work place.
- Fata Aluminium IP Acquired by Fata Automation. // Modern Casting;Apr2009, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p13
The article reports on the acquisition of Fata Aluminium in Rivoli, Italy by Fata Automation Inc. in Sterling Heights, Michigan. The deal involves all intellectual property rights , assets, trademarks, patents, drawings, and designs used by Fata Aluminium worldwide. A statement from Giorgio...
- Synergy between thermal analysis and simulation. Djurdjevic, Mile; Huber, Gerhard; Odanovic, Zoran // Journal of Thermal Analysis & Calorimetry;Feb2013, Vol. 111 Issue 2, p1365
Available databases presently used by commercial simulation software packages for the aluminum casting industry are usually armed with material properties for only a few selected standard alloys. In the case of other alloys with different chemical compositions and refinement or modification...