Judge: Let LPMs Roll
- Nielsen: Rollout's On. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/31/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p6
Reports on the decision of Nielsen Media Research to launch its Local People Meters in New York on June 3, 2004. Comment from Nielsen CEO Susan Whiting about the system; TV networks that favor the system; Claims of Univision Communications Inc. against the system.
- Ad org joins melee over People Meters. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;6/17/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 52, p5
Reports on the demand of the American Association of Advertising Agencies Inc. that Nielsen Media Research Inc. remedy its controversial new local electronic rating measurement system in the U.S. Letter sent by the industry group to Nielsen CEO Susan Whiting; Complaints about an independent...
- Univision Sues Nielsen. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;6/14/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p7
Reports on a lawsuit filed by Univision Communications against Nielsen Media Research in an attempt to stop the TV-ratings firm's launching of the local people meters (LPM) service in Los Angeles, California on July 8, 2004. Nature of the lawsuit filed against Nielsen; Reaction of Nielsen to...
- Spotlight On...Susan Whiting. Bachman, Katy; Torpey-Kemph, Ann // MediaWeek;8/13/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 30, p20
Features Susan Whiting, president and chief operating officer of Nielsen Media Research. Responsibilities of Whiting at the company; Career background; Goal of Whiting for Nielsen's television service.
- Attack on LPMs Heads to Court. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;6/14/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p3
Reports that Univision, a Spanish-language broadcaster in the U.S., has filed for an injunction to delay the launch of the local people meter service by Nielsen Media Research. Allegations of Univision against Nielsen Media; Reaction of Nielsen Media to the claims in the lawsuit filed by...
- Univision turned off by another Nielsen hold-up. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;01/25/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 24, p6
Reports on Univision's reaction to Nielsen Media Research's decision to postpone the inclusion of the dominant language spoken in Latino households as a factor in composing family samples for its public opinion polls. Purpose of the proposal; Nielsen's explanation for the postponement.
- The president must sign unemployment benefits extension. Solis, Hilda // Hill;6/20/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 73, p16
A blog from U.S. Representative Hilda Solis related to unemployment benefit extension law, which the U.S. President has to sign, is presented.
- Toll Fellow Hilda Solis Tapped for Secretary of Labor. // State News (Council of State Governments);Feb2009, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p32
The article features U.S. Representative Hilda Solis of California, a1998 Toll Fellow, who was nominated by U.S. President Barack Obama to be his secretary of labor .
- Calif. Senate unit OKs bill to tie vendors to violations. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/1/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 43, p2
Reports on the California Senate Committee on Industrial Relations' approval of a bill that would hold manufacturers jointly liable for labor violations of their contractors. Senator Hilda Solis as bill's sponsor; Apparel industry organizations that oppose the bill; Solis' argument that the bill...