Why didn't you think of that?
- Connections drive auto relocation business. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/11/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 53, p57
Features the services offered by Reindeer Auto Relocation business in Indianapolis, Indiana. Details on the establishment of the company; Advantages on the links of the company between Cendat Corp. and Wheaton Van Lines Inc.; Operations background.
- Shaking things up to a samba beat. Avram, Peritz // Professional Engineering;08/05/98, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p23
Focuses on the Brazilian automobile industry, noting how carmakers there have developed various technologies that could later reach Europe and the United States. Comments from Carl Swanson, managing director of supplier Tenneco Automotive's South American operations; Identity of other carmakers...
- When it comes to decoders, what's the definition of "Standard"? Sipple, John // Model Railroad News;Feb2008, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p94
The author reflects on the standard of the decoders. He recalls the statement that was said to him clarifying that the purpose of the standard is to keep from interfering with growth and creativity in design. The author reveals that the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) functions to build...
- The Other Crisis. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Design & Production;Apr2006, Vol. 118 Issue 4, p8
Comments on a crisis of creativity confronting automobile companies. Reason for the crisis; Role of managers of the company in the crisis; Suggestion on the crisis.
- China should play by the rules. Crain, Keith // Automotive News;2/20/2012, Vol. 86 Issue 6504, p12
The article focuses on the issue of copyright and brand infringement in the automobile industry. It mentions the automobile industry has been fighting the exportation of knockoff automobile brands. The Ford F-150, the U.S. best-selling F-series line is the victim of Chinese copycats. The Chinese...
- Social Learning through Technological Inventions in Low-Impact Individual Mobility. Brown, Halina Szejnwald; Carbone, Catherine // Greener Management International;Fall2004, Issue 47, p77
This paper examines two cases of technological innovation in individual mobility that are driven by purely entrepreneurial spirit. They entail the introduction into commerce of innovative, low-impact vehicles in the US: Sparrow, produced by Corbin Motors, and Gizmo, produced by NEVCO. Both are...
- Warning for '02: Hang on; it may be a rough ride. // Automotive News;1/7/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5965, p12
Focuses on tips for coping slowdown in the automobile industry and trade for the year 2002 in the United States. Creativity in manufacturing cars; Efficiency in the automobile production; Preparations needed by auto dealers.
- BIRTH OF THE COOL. Hanas, Jim // CREATIVITY;Mar2002, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p32
Reports developments related to creativity as of March 2002 in the U.S. Details on the creative design of automobiles; Impact of automobile industry mergers on car advertising; Significance of creative advertising in a plan advertisement.
- Generating efficiencies. Pullin, John // Professional Engineering;2/25/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p41
Focuses on the motor industry's need to change its strategies to cater to smaller volumes, customization and built to order products. Origin of the Generative Car idea to enable engineers to spend more time on the creative aspects; Use of computer templates to carry manufacturing information...