Era of affordable health care costs may be coming to an end
- Risk Adjustment for Dually Eligible Beneficiaries Using Long-Term Care. McCall, Nelda; Korb, Jodi // Health Care Financing Review;Winter98, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p71
Presents information on a study which looks at the use of the diagnostic cost group (DCG) risk-adjustment methodology planned for use by the United States Health Care Financing Administration in implementing risk adjustment in 2000. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study.
- Medical Expenditures for Major Diseases, 1995. Hodgson, Thomas A.; Cohen, Alan J. // Health Care Financing Review;Winter99, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p119
This article distributes the Health Care Financing Administration's (HCFA) estimates of 1995 personal health care expenditures (PHCE) according to sex, age, and diagnosis for each type of health care service. Aggregate and per capita expenditures are reported for 18 broad categories of disease...
- HCFA releases preliminary USPCC update. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep96, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the preliminary United States per capita cost (USPCC) update released by the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) on July 23, 1996. Increase in USPCC for aged Medicare managed care enrollees for fiscal year 1997; Use of USPCC as the prospective national average cost per enrollee.
- Healthcare costs rise in 1998. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;01/10/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p2
Reports the growth of 1998 healthcare costs in the United States (US). Statistical data on national healthcare expenditures; Details on the share of healthcare on the gross domestic product; Information on the projection of the US Health Care Financing Administration.
- National health care spending slows ... // Family Practice Management;Jan1999, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p18
Reports that overall healthcare spending in the United States has seen its slowest annual increase in 1998, according to a report released by the US Health Care Financing Administration.
- What you need to know about 1997 Medicare payment changes. Preston, Susan Harringto // Medical Economics;2/10/1997, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p69
Discusses the 1997 Medicare payment changes in the United States. Payment trends in medical practice types and specialties; Changes in terminology; Rules on diagnostic tests; Dollar conversion factors for Medicare set by the United States Health Care Financing Administration.
- Health care spending sets two records. // Family Practice Management;Feb1998, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on a report from the US Health Care Finance Administration (HCFA) on health care spending in the United States. Managed care as a factor for low growth rate; Criticism on the temporary nature of managed health care savings.
- Health care spending to soar as hospital portion shrinks: HCFA. Engel, Diana // AHA News;09/21/98, Vol. 34 Issue 37, p3
Provides forecast on health care spending in the United States (US). Details on a study about private spending conducted by the US Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA); Other predictions for health spending.
- Recent revisions to and recommendations for national health... Haber, Susan G.; Newhouse, Joseph P. // Health Care Financing Review;Fall91, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p111
Presents the summary of the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) meeting in 1990 on the modifications for estimating annual national health expenditures. Conference recommendations in 1984; Revisions done during the 1988 meeting; Objectives and modifications proposed in the 1990 meeting;...