The power of storytelling
- The Business of Storytelling. Terez, Tom // Workforce (10928332);May2002, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p22
Focuses on the application of storytelling in business and employee management. Information on storytelling; Examples of business storytelling; Benefits from storytelling.
- The Art and Purpose of Storytelling. Hopen, Deborah // Journal for Quality & Participation;Spring2006, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p3
The article introduces a series of discussions about the role of storytelling in the corporate world.
- eyes wide SHUT. Bradshaw, William A. // CA Magazine;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 134 Issue 1, p24
Discusses how to solve communication gap between board of directors and their personnel. Information on the consultation paper published by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation; How directors can be assured about the effectiveness of strategic management; Contribution of managers to their...
- What You Need to Know About Organizational Culture. Schein, Edgar H. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1986, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p30
Advises human resource development professionals on how to manage organizational culture in the United States. Diversity in the definition of organizational cultures; Role of culture management in the development of on-the-job training programs; Need for knowledge of human learning.
- Deeper Culture: Mucking, Muddling, and Metaphors. Deal, Terry E. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1986, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p32
Focuses on human resource development practitioners' misinterpretation of the term corporate culture. Need for scientific approach in defining organizational culture; Growth of literature on the issue; Academics' sterilization of the term culture.
- Professional Designations: An Asset to Employees and Employers. Watson-Pistole, Nancy // Business Credit;Mar2002, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p46
Focuses on investing certified professional employees for companies with competitive edge. Impact of certified professional employees on employers quality of performance; Inclusions of benefits on businesses with competitive personnel; Significance of companies investments.
- What is corporate culture and why is it important? Buhler, Patricia // Supervision;Sep93, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p17
Opinion. Discusses corporate culture and its effect on employees and people outside the company. Set of attitudes, norms and beliefs among organizational members; Sense of identity with the company; Hewlett-Packard and IBM as examples; Importance of corporate culture in strategic management.
- How supervisors can use the `critical zone' to revitalize employees after a reorganization. Marshall, Robert; Yorks, Lyle // Supervision;Jul99, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p15
Offers advice on how personnel managers should handle employees after a reorganization. Importance of reorganization; Success indicators of reorganization; Discussion on the phases of personal transition among employees after a reorganization.
- The Strategic Role of Human Resource Management in Developing a Global Corporate Culture. Rowden, Robert W. // International Journal of Management;Jun2002 Part 1, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p155
Assesses the strategic role of human resource management in developing a global corporate culture. Importance of a well-defined corporate culture in response to globalization; Applicability of human resource strategies for signaling and reinforcing cultural changes; Benefits of a strategic...