Struggling Nortel Sells Factory Arm
- Flextronics, Nortel to Complete Asset Transfer by Q1. // Electronic News;9/26/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 39, pN.PAG
This article reports on the completion of the transfer of the manufacturing operations of Nortel Networks to Flextronics by the end of the first quarter of 2006. Nortel already transferred its Chateaudun, France manufacturing assets to the Singapore-based contract electronics manufacture last...
- Is EMS the Final Answer? Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;04/10/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 15, p2
Looks at the acquisition and outsourcing deals by electronic manufacturing services (EMS) providers in the United States as of April 2000. Solectron Corporation's acquisition of facilities from Nortel Networks; Partnership of Flextronics International Ltd. with Siemens AG.
- Flextronics-Solectron merger gets EC green light. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;9/3/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 36, p15
The article reports that the European Commission (EC) has approved, under the European Union merger regulation, the proposed acquisition of Milpitas, California-based electronics manufacturing services (EMS) provider Solectron Corp. by Singapore-based EMS provider Flextronics International Ltd....
- Nortel transfers Canadian plant to Flextronics. Morse, Joni // RCR Wireless News;5/15/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p18
The article reports on the completion of the transfer of the manufacturing operations and assets of Nortel Networks Ltd. to Flextronics International Ltd. The transfer includes product integration, testing, repair and logistics operations, all based out of Nortel's Systems House in Calgary,...
- Nortel signs over manufacturing facility to Flextronics. // RCR Wireless News;2/14/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p21
Reports that Nortel Networks Ltd. has completed the transfer of its manufacturing operations and other assets to Flextronics in Montreal, Quebec. Information on the assets of the company.
- Alcatel snaps up Nortel's UMTS assets. Morse, Joni // RCR Wireless News;9/4/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of the Universal Mobile Telecommunication System (UMTS) radio access business of Nortel Network Ltd. by Alcatel Inc. As news of the deal struck between Alcatel and Nortel Network sank in, analysts seemed pretty much at ease with the $320 million agreement....
- Flextronics Expands Capabilities in Asia. // Circuits Assembly;Feb2003, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p15
Reports on expansion of electronic design and development capabilities of Singapore-based Flextronics Inc. in Asia. Increase in mechanical, electrical, software and semiconductor services in the region; Possible plans of increase in staff strength; Corporate profile of Flextronics.
- Flextronics Adding On Facilities. // Electronic News;02/22/99, Vol. 45 Issue 2258, p34
Deals with the facility expansion of San Jose, California-based Flextronics International as of February 1999. Financial status of the company; Business moves made by Flextronics in 1998; Corporate credit rating given by Standard & Poor's on the company.
- FLEXTRONICS LOOKS ABROAD. Royal, Weld; Jusko, Jill // Industry Week/IW;06/12/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 11, p14
Features Flextronics International Limited, a Singapore-based maker of electronic components and equipment. Assets of the company; Its clients; Outsourcing manufacturing moves of Flextronics.