Adelphia Swells Subs
- Cablevision can score without Yanks. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;4/29/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p26
Reports on the performance of cable television operator, Cablevision Systems Corp. in New York City. Failure to gain the exclusive rights to the baseball games; Private market value of the cable network; Profits on a sale of assets.
- CABLE TV. Higgins, John // Broadcasting & Cable;10/23/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 44, p48
Assesses the financial performance of cable operators in the United States for the year 2000. Effect of industrial problems on the operators; Decline in stock value; Availability of the debt markets for the companies.
- Fox: Ratings just the start. Fine, Jon // Crain's New York Business;1/20/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the comparison between the performance of cable television networks Fox News Channel and Cable News Network (CNN) in the United States. Views of chief executive officer (CEO) of Fox News Channel Roger Ailes about the performance of former CEO of CNN Walter Isaacson; Statistics on the...
- Charter's Basic Subs Drop by Another 86K. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);11/11/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p10
Presents updates on U.S. cable television network operator Charter Communications as of November 11, 2002. Information on its analog package; Decline in the number of its basic subscribers in the third quarter of 2002; Forecast on its cash flow for the fourth quarter of 2002.
- CFOs Love Data, VoIP. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p66
Forecasts the trend in the cash flow of cable television industry in the U.S. in 2005. Increase in the average revenue per cable subscriber in the country since 1999; Improvement in high-speed Internet revenue in 2004; Overview of the financial performance of cable companies in the country...
- NUE-TV's Painful Waiting Game. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/9/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p2
Reports on the moves undertaken by New Urban Entertainment-Television in continuing major financial investment in the United States. Termination of employees in the production and administration department; Determination to pursue business operations; Negotiations with AOL Time Warner Inc. for...
- Channnel 5 program budget to rise 50%. // Daily Variety;11/07/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 47, p8
Reports the increase of the program budget of Channel 5, a cable television network in Great Britain.
- Earnings. // CableFAX Daily;9/28/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 188, p4
The article reports on the subscribers lost by Adelphia in August 2005. Business losses of the company are cited. Total revenue posted by the company are mentioned.
- Adelphia suitors. Anderson, Kathleen // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/20/2004, Vol. 383 Issue 26, p15
With Adelphia Communications expected to emerge from bankruptcy sometime this year, word on the Wall Street is starting to heat up that the fifth-largest U.S. cable operator is being given the once-over by rival cablers. Though there has been talk for some time that Atlanta, Georgia-based Cox...